How Efficient Is Your Fitness Program?
Are you trying to lose a few pounds or perhaps develop some muscle mass out from your fitness program but not seeing the results? You are definitely not alone in this and you should look for ways that can help to make your fitness program more efficient!
Here are six simple but yet useful fitness tips in this article that will get you prepared and start improving from the inside to the outside!
Learn To Adopt A Healthier Lifestyle
A good way to start and to ensure that you can make your fitness program more efficient is by learning to adopt a healthier lifestyle!
A healthier lifestyle would simply mean that you:
- Learn to make Good Nutritional Choices
- Reduce any Fat and Sugar Intake
- Eat plenty of Fruits, Vegetables and Lean Meat
- Learn to eat Smaller but Frequent Meals if your Schedule permits
- Learn to control your Calorie Intake if you Schedule does not permit you to spread out your Meals
- Try to be Active (e.g. walking up the stairs) throughout your Daily Routine
Learn To Start Slow And Set Reasonable Fitness Goals
If this is your first time taking on a Fitness Program, one important consideration that you need to seriously take note is learning how to start slow!
This is especially crucial if you have been out of shape for a while and by starting slow, you are giving your body plenty of time to get used to being more active and less chances of getting injured! A good way to start slow is to work out a few minutes a day or exercise two or three times a week. Make your Fitness Program more challenging when you are ready to do so!
The next stage of starting slow is learning to set reasonable and measurable fitness goals. A reasonable and measurable goal that you can set for yourself can be in this manner -- to lose a pound each week (since you will be adjusting your lifestyle) for the next 4 weeks and slowly increase it to two pounds each week along with some muscle mass gain (your workout intensity would have increased and your eating habits have improved as well)!
By setting your goals in this manner would ensure that you are able to track your workouts in your fitness program and its efficiency towards achieving them. So rather than declaring that your whole fitness journey is a waste, you can make changes to what you are doing and improve from there!
Learn To Work Out Safely
An efficient Fitness Program is also one that requires you to learn to work out safely at all times. This is because you could get injured if you push yourself too hard or when you are careless and end up having to stop working out for a few weeks!
Areas to take note to ensure your safety includes:
- Stretching your Muscle before and after your Workout Sessions
- Drinking lots of Water and Taking a Healthy Snack before working out
- Adopting a Good Posture when you exercise
- Learning to stop when you feel Intense Pain in your Joints or Muscles
- Taking a Break in between each Workout Sessions or Change to A Different Workout that Targets a Different Muscle Group
- Ensure Full Recovery before continuing your Fitness Program if you injured yourself
Working On Your Core Muscles
In order for you to get the most out of your workouts and fitness program, one area of focus is on developing your Core Muscles which are Muscles around your Abdominal, Back and Pelvis.
The benefit of a Stronger Core Muscle is that it will allow you to work out for longer periods of time and the improved resistance will give you the possibility to go through Intensive Workouts and Cardio Exercises as well!
Exercises That Will Improve Your Core Muscles Include:
- Abdominal Crunch And Press Variations
- Bridging And Planking Variations
Working On Different Muscle Groups With Different Workout Sessions
Learn to Develop Different Workout Routines for your Fitness Program which means working on Different Muscle Groups rather than Focusing on One Particular Group for each Different Workout Sessions.
A Good Workout Variations Include:
- Involving Different Forms of Exercising like Aerobics, Strength And Resistance Training
- Avoid including more than Five Exercises in each workout and Focus on Doing More Reps and Increasing the Intensity of the same exercises
- Take notice of your Weaker Side and Focus on Doing more Reps and Increasing the Intensity till you find a Balance
Including Short Cardio Exercises
Lastly, learn to work on your Cardio at least twice a week because a Good Cardio Workout will help you burn a lot of Calories and make those exercises that you do just after it a lot more efficient as well!
Cardio exercises are also a good time to involve your friends so take some time to find a cardio workout that all of you will get to enjoy, have some fun and relaxation out of the midst of your intensive workout training!
If you still prefer to do it alone, there are some simple cardio exercises that you can do like working on your sprinting skills or using a Jumping Rope.