Online stock trading account
Buying and selling Philippine stocks
CitisecOnline is an online brokerage firm which was established in 1999. It aims to help
It offers online trading services such as:
1) Automated order placement and execution via the internet
2) Access to live quotes and other market statistics
3) Online portfolio tracker
4) Research materials and market commentaries
5) Price charting program and Ticker system display
6) The Virtual Tycoon - a simulated stock trading environment
So how do you open a CitisecOnline Stock trading account?
First, you have to fill-up the necessary forms such as the Individual Customer Account Information Form (CAIF), the Online Securities Trading Agreement, and the Signature Cards. You can find these forms at their main trading website – www.citiseconline.com.
The next step is that you should prepare two (2) copies of valid IDs that you have. You can use your SSS ID, GSIS ID, Driver’s license, PRC ID, Comelec ID or any government ID. You are required also to present one copy of any bill statement which contains your name and address. Examples are your credit card monthly statements.
The third step is to send all the requirements to their main office:
- Address: CitisecOnline.com Inc., Business Center 2403-B East Tower, Philippine Stock Exchange Centre, Exchange Road, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines 1605
- Telephone Number: (632) 6-333-777
- Fax Number: (632) 636-3512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
After doing this, you have to wait for a confirmation e-mail to be sent to the e-mail address that you have provided in the application forms that you’ve accomplished.
The confirmation e-mail will contain important instructions on what would be the next steps to tackle in opening your trading account with CitisecOnline.
It is easy to fund your account by then. You can choose to invest in one or two of their trading accounts. These are the Starter (Student) Account, COL Easy Investment Program (EIP) Account, and the Regular Trading Account. The first two accounts require only a minimum deposit of Php5,000, while the latter require a minimum deposit of Php25,000.
You can deposit the starting funds to the following bank accounts under the account name Citisec
- Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corp. (HSBC SA# 000-059-998-070)
- Security Bank (Security Bank SA# 0273-012462-001)
- Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI SA# 004011-0049-33)
- Banco de Oro (BDO SA# 343-004909-6)
You must indicate in your deposit slip the lines - For the Account of (FAO): Your Name and Account Number. Then you should fax a copy to CitisecOnline accounting department at (632) 634-6958 for validation.
Once you have done this you have to wait for confirmation that your deposits have been received already by CitisecOnline. After which you will receive, through e-mail, an 8 digit user ID and an electronically-generated password for your online trading account. Once you’ve received this, try to check your account if it has already been funded.
You can now start buying and selling stocks in the Philippine stock exchange.