Pick The Right Camping Season For YouCredit: Free Stock Photos
Summer, Spring, Winter, and Fall
When it comes to camping, every season offers something special. The key is to pick the right camping season for you after you have picked the right camping site.
Every season has its pros and cons. The best way to pick the right camping season is go through each one and highlight why they are good for you.
Summer camping is the most popular time to go camping. Kids are on vacation and the weather is just right. The only problem with summer time is that the camps are usually overly crowded.
Because of this you have to really plan. Call and get reservations. Make sure you get there early especially on the weekends.
Summer time is also about picking the right tent. With the heat making things sticky, a good tent is important for comfort.
Spring time is one of the most exciting times to go camping. Many things are happening that make Spring time the ideal period for camping.
Fishing is picking up during the Spring. With the bass and other fish spawning, anglers are really eager to go fishing with the right fishing rod.
Make sure you plan accordingly and do some home work on the fish you are going after so you can pick the right bait. This is a great camping activity to expand on.
Spring time is a great season for taking photographs. With trees, flowers, and snow melting, the time is great for taking a snapshot of your favorite view. The weather makes it ideal for getting out there when you could not before.
Hiking, swimming, and canoeing are all things that the Spring can accommodate you when you decide to go.
It is also barbeque time. The neat thing about Spring time is the barbecue is broken out, dusted off, and fired up.
Winter camping is a unique time to go camping and is for people who really want different experience. These people usually find it more satisfying than the Spring and Summer months.
I say that the reason Winter camping is more exciting because it is harder than camping the other seasons.
If you like a challenge, Winter camping is for you.
There are some good things about camping in the Winter. The temperature is cooler, no bugs, snakes, bears, flies, or mosquitos.
Also, the view is absolutely beautiful.
There are many things you can do in the Winter while camping. Snowboarding, skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, and building snowmen.
During this time of the year, the camp grounds are not crowded at all. This makes it so much easier to go. Most places have discounts to. It is quite different than beach camping in the summer.
But, with all the fun things that you can do during the winter months, there are a lot of dangerous things about the season.
Here are a few things to remember:
- Water - Many people don't think that during the cold weather water is important. But drinking water is very important because hypothermia can set in quickly when out in the wild. Water replaces the moisture that is lost by heavy breathing. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water even if you don't want to. Tip: Make sure you have the right camping shoes.
- Take Your Time - It is important to take your time when you are out in the cold weather. The worst thing that could happen is to lose your strength when you are out in the wilderness.
- Bad Weather - The problem with winter time is the bad weather. You have to make sure that when bad weather comes in, you make for cover as soon as possible. Don't wait or try to get a little further. If you are out backpacking, you need to set up your tent immediately. People who think that they don't need to react to the storm quickly, usually end up getting hurt. Don't wait.
- Movement - Generating body heat is real important. It is important to do more activities when it is cold out so you will make more body heat.
- Food - Make sure that you are eating plenty of foods that are high in complex carbohydrates and not sugar. Your body needs to be at its best.
It is important to know these things even for camping during different times in the year because the weather changes and is very cold.
Fall is one of the prettiest times and unique times of the year. With the leaves changing and season getting closer to Winer, it is really fun to go camping. Tip: Make sure you pick the right tent for the right season you go camping.
There are a few things that you can count on.
- Less People - There are fewer people to worry about because all the children are back at school and most families are done with vacations.
- No Showers - One of the downsides is since there are fewer people, there are less amenities offered. Taking a shower and having a washroom may not be available, so be ready for that.
- No Bugs - With the weather changing, the bugs are usually gone and the weather is still decent enough to cookout and be outside.
Fall is a fun time to camp and is becoming more popular with families.
Which ever season you choose, make sure that you remember to pack a first aid kit and learn all you can about the wild. Know all you can about animals and the wilderness, just make sure that you will be able to enjoy your adventure without worrying about not knowing what to do.