Mildew usually plagues plants. However, mildew has taken on new territory these days. Now, it invades basements, bathrooms, windows, and other parts in your home that barely stay dry. This mildew has a strong and musty smell that make you want to stay away from them. The good news is that you can get rid of them with the tips in this article.
It is extremely important to remove them to prevent damage. As time passes, the areas affected with mold and mildew become extremely weak. In addition to that, it causes health problems such as allergies and respiratory problems to the home dwellers. This article will help you solve this problem.
What are you waiting for? Let us start getting rid of those pests.
- DO NOT use chlorine bleach or chlorine based cleaner. These are harmful and dangerous to you so avoid them.
- Prepare the materials you need. The materials are baking soda, distilled white vinegar, gloves, spray bottle, and sponge. Believe it or not, using the vinegar is the cheapest way to disinfect your home. Aside from killing germs, it also takes away the horrible mildew color. Baking soda and sponges are good stain removers so they are useful in eliminating mildew stains. The mask will protect you from the horrible smell. An N95 will do.
- Pour white vinegar into the spray bottle. DO NOT dilute. Generously spray vinegar on the problem areas. Leave it on for hours so the vinegar seeps into bacteria territory.
- Prepare your abrasive sponge and wet it with hot water. Add in baking soda and scrub the affected areas. Make sure that the vinegar is totally absorbed before you do this. Spray vinegar some more and scrub away. Make sure that you don’t miss an area to totally remove the stubborn mildew stains.
- You can scrape off the mold by using a flat-head screwdriver. If it is still difficult to remove, spray more vinegar. DO NOT throw the mold chunks down your drain. Instead, dispose them in a sealed garbage bag.
- Scrape and scrub to thoroughly remove every annoying mold and mildew. Apply effort so you can get rid of them in no time.
I must admit that it takes a lot of time and effort to remove mold and mildew this way. There is an easier way though. Why don’t you opt for dehumidifiers? Dehumidifiers take moist air and emit dry air to remove excess moisture. This will help prevent mold and mildew from attacking your home. They do the work for you!
The steps in this article might be easy to understand. However, they are difficult to execute. They take time to do too. If you want a faster remedy, you can always buy a dehumidifier for your home. There is so much to learn about this equipment. If you need more data about this, you can always head to sites that specialize in this kind of device. Maybe you can find a dehumidifier that is highly-noted. Good luck in your mildew removal anyway.