Pregnancy, the most beautiful part of womanhood comes with many surprises. When I got pregnant with my older one I was 23, just out of Grad School and home for a Year enjoying the Marital Bliss. I just did not know what to expect. I had variety of Symptoms for both pregnancies each being very different. Here are the symptoms I consolidated from both of my pregnancies. Well every pregnancy is different and you will experience one or more of them in any of your pregnancies.
- Implantation Bleeding( I did not experience this one, but some of my friends did)
- You Miss your period
- Extreme Hunger, unable to satiate (happened for my first pregnancy)
- tenderness in breasts( mostly seen in first pregnancy, I did not experience much in my second)
- increase in breast size and areola size.
- Darkening of the areolas
- Cravings for different kind of food, maybe even the ones that you have never eaten before
- Mood swings, you are happy one moment and the next moment you feel sad
- No cravings at all, you might detest the food you loved before (happened for my second pregnancy)
- Unable to bear the smell of some things(especially some type of food)
- Unable to keep food down, throwing up
- Feeling very tired most of the time
- many trips to the toilet( wanting to Urinate frequently)
- Headaches and Migraines( Started with Migraines for my first pregnancy)
Among the above listed the most significant ones are missing a period. Always take a pregnancy test If you are late by more than 10 days. I got 2 negatives before I could get a positive for my first pregnancy. I tested on the 2 and 5 day after I missed my period, But I got a positive only after 10 days. If you are planning pregnancy take good diet and have a Physical exam done before you plan pregnancy.
- Eat healthy, preferably fresh produce and fresh food.
- Avoid eating canned food and frozen products.
- Eat lots of Greens and Drink lots of Fluids, keep hydrated.
- Balanced amount of Protein and Carbohydrates is very important for a healthy pregnancy.
- Avoid smoking or passive smoking, limit Caffeine.
- Include Lentils and Vegetables as an essential part of your diet.
- Avoid partly cooked meat and eggs.
- Avoid fatty foods and fried foods, they might be filling but they are not healthy
- Take your prenatal Vitamins
- Be Happy, your baby will arrive in no time :)