This is one of the most common questions people ask me (after where can I buy your book and how much is your pay check?). It's great to know that there are many story-tellers amongst us and heartwarming when they share their book ideas with me.
Things You Will Need
Below are my tips and resources:
Find a publisher:
- Make sure you pick a suitable one who will be interested in your book theme. No point sending a non-fiction book summary to a publisher that does primarily children storybooks.
- You can check local book councils for a comprehensive list of publishers.
- Do your research from their websites and check their book titles. Then find the contact email and send your synopsis. It's better to send to a few short-listed publishers.
- You may want to go with a smaller outfit as they may respond faster and be more easy-going. Most importantly, you must feel comfortable with your publisher and see eye-to-eye on the book direction.
Write a book synopsis. It should include:
- Theme of book: A brief summary of your book topic.
- Introduction: Background information on your book topic.
- Market research: Are there any books similar? Do your research on them and how yours is different.
- Benefits for the audience: What will you readers take away and what do you hope to achieve.
- Your credentials: Your work bio. It will be good if it is relevant to your book topic or demonstrates your ability.
- Include a draft of your first chapter: This will be a good review of your writing skills and ideas.
Pearlin Siow is the best-selling author of Asia's Dragons which features 8 top Internet gurus at http://www.yourfinancialfreedomseminar.com.
Beat the recession and create your own cash-pulling Internet business at http://www.makemoneyinpyjamas.com. You will also receive my exclusive interview with World #1 Super Affiliate, Ewen Chia, where he reveals his PROVEN system that will give you cash even if you have no product to sell and no Internet marketing experience.