What makes a digital baby monitor better than a non digital monitor?
Well, the digital baby monitor is virtually immune to resistance. The non digital baby monitor can be affected by simple things like cordless phones or wireless routers, which we know are very common items for you and your neighbors to have.
In addition, if you have a digital monitor with video, it will give a much clearer picture than a non digital one, and of course be less susceptable to interference.
For the best reception and clarity I absolutely recommend getting a digital one, nothing can beat it!
What features should I look for in a baby monitor?
Here's some of the most important things to look for when comparing different models of baby monitors.
- Make sure the monitor has multiple channels so you can pick the best one (non digital units only)
- The digital baby monitor should have a low battery indicator. You really need to know if it's working or not.
- There should also be a visual indication of the sound level in the babies room, especially if it's loud where you are.
- The monitor should have enough range for how you intend to use it.
- The best digital baby monitors also have an intercom feature that allow you to talk to your baby or among multiple receivers, a nice feature indeed!
- If your looking at a baby monitor with video, see if it has night vision, that way you can keep the lights off in the babies room
- Some units can have multiple receivers, this way you can have one in each room instead of carrying it with you.
Here's an example of a great digital baby monitor available on Amazon.