The mulit functional fuzzy logic is a must have kitchen appliance
What's so great about a fuzzy logic rice cooker?
What else can you use a fuzzy logic rice cooker for?
You don't have to just make white rice in a rice cooker. I personally use mine to make Irish oatmeal for me during the winter. I load up the ingredients the night before and set the timer. When I get up I have nice hot, perfectly cooked oatmeal waiting for me every time.
You can also make brown rice and even sushi rice in a fuzzy logic rice cooker, truth be told anything that needs to cook in water for long periods is fair game, from beans to grits to rice, it can do it all.
I've seen some fuzzy logic rice cookers with induction heating, what does that mean?
Any other features I should look for in a good fuzzy logic rice cooker?
There are some other features to look for, keep in mind that you will pay more for these so make sure you'll actually use them. The key here is to decide which features you need and which ones you don't because the more features, the more money you'll spend.
- Choose a fuzzy logic cooker with a timer so you can load it up and have rice (or oatmeal) waiting for you when you get home, or when you get up in the morning.
- Look for a keep warm timer, this means the fuzzy logic rice cooker will keep the rice warm if you don't immediately remove it. When the rice is done it'll reduce the heat to keep it warm. It doesn't mean you can keep it in there for hours though.
- Some rice cookers have a steamer attachment, nice multi-tasking feature to have.
- Look for a non-stick interior coating to make cleanup easy. This is more of a requirement if you'll cook other things like oatmeal.
- Make sure the fuzzy logic cooker has an easy to clean surface, such as stainless steel pots. On the outside however plastic will stay cool during the cooking cycle, a consideration if you have kids.
- Stay cool handles are a nice feature to have as well
Here's an example of a top notch fuzzy logic rice cooker that does everything right, available on Amazon.