Is Cheetah Mounts Right For You?
The Cheetah Mounts promises to make your living room sleeker & more spacious.
Cheetah mounts is a type of flat panel wall mount for your flat screen television set. Anyone who owns a flat screen tv knows one of the big benefits of owning one is the ability to put it up on the wall and let it hang. It saves a lot of room, it makes your living room cleaner of cords, and gets rid of the need to have expensive entertainment furniture to hold the television set.
One of the really seductive things about this product is that it is cheap. On Amazon you can find them for around $27 dollars. Which is a hell of a steal when many similar products go for over $50 even upwards to over a $100 for the same benefits.
While that is tempting to instantly just buy the cheetah mounts, it also leads one to wonder if it i priced cheaply does that also mean it is cheaply made?
A cheaply made flat panel wall mount is of no real use to you or to anyone really. Who wants to put their 52" Samsung tv set on a flimsy thing that may fall off your wall at any given time? It is just a bad investment overall.
So the first thing to look at is what the product is actually made of. Looking at it skeptically, it was a pleasant surprise to find out the cheetah mounts are made out of durable material. It is understandable how the company can afford to sell for so cheap too - the materials are not at all expensive but they get the job done.
(Which is definitely the most important part of this whole ordeal).
Not all the equipment is praise worthy, the two vertical bars in the wall mount are a little flimsy. However that does not make a huge impact on the product's design, since the vertical bars really only need to strong enough to make a square angles rectangle box. So no biggy with the flimsy vertical bars.
The two horizontal bars however can hold quite a load. These are also solid steel and run parallel at the exact distance needed to bear the loads of a heavy flat screen tv. The two heavy duty metal vertical mounting brackets can also withstand some real punishment. While being quite durable, they also allow you to adjust the TV mount horizontally. Quite a nice benefit, you can adjust the set anyway you want for best viewing pleasure.
Since the cheetah mounts kit is actually quite small in comparison to other flat panel wall mounts out there, it is fairly basic to put together. With an easy setup of around 30 minutes, as soon as you get the product you can almost immediately start enjoying it. The instructions have some want in them, as they are not obviously clear at some points - alas putting it together is pretty straight forward and common sense minus the instruction manual's aid.
Another added benefit is no need for using 90-degree connectors to plug your wires in - extremely convenient. The cheetah mounts leave enough room for you to be able to slide all your electrical cords through the frame without too much of a hassle.
This is great for people who just want to buy their flat panel wall mount and be done with it. Unless you enjoy putting things together, the cheetah mounts are pretty idiot-proof in terms of setup and installation.
- Easy to setup due to pretty straight forward parts
- Less parts than the normal wall mount which helps reduce shipping cost
- Overall price is far cheaper than other wall mounts out there on the market
- Less than a 30 minute time to setup
- Made out of durable heavy steel metal that can easily hold your flat screen
- No need for 90-degree cable connectors as there is enough room to slide your cords through without much of a hassle.
- Can watch your TV a whole lot quicker, versus being frustrated trying to figure out what to do.
- Supports to up to 165 lbs.
- The shipping container could be thicker to help prevent ripped boxes causing you to lose parts while shipping. Not sure if cheetah mounts is the culprit on this or just the general shipping company. It shouldn't be a problem though, just something to be wary of to check on when you get your product right away.
- Though easy to setup, the instruction manual can be a little haphazard to actually go through and read. This is a common problem with a lot of manauls alas and I don't see this changing anytime soon regardless of industries.
If you are looking for a good flat panel tv wall mount for your own flatscreen, after doing some research I would suggest the cheetah mounts would be a good choice. Especially if you don't have a lot of time on your hands to put it altogether. Just make sure the cheetah mounts arrive you double check the packaging to make sure none of the parts were lost during shipping.