Everyone wants to show the brightest smile they can. Self-help for doing this begins with toothpaste. Many people cannot afford the expensive whitening treatments offered by dentists. Toothpaste is a lot less expensive and something each person can use to achieve the brightest smile. However, determining what the best toothpaste is could have been the biggest hurdle until now.
There are so many products on the market from which to choose. This post will review some of those products for you. Many of the top brand names have their own version of whitening toothpaste. These include:
Arm & Hammer
These are just a few of those top name brand toothpastes from which you can choose. In delivering you the best whitening toothpaste, Crest tops the list. Based on consumer reviews, the top seven toothpastes are as follows with a brief description as to why they were chosen.
1. Crest 3D White Vivid toothpaste lands as number one because it does a good cleaning job. But more than that, it addresses a certain group of users such as smokers, coffee/tea drinkers and red wine drinkers. Those individuals that consume these products have a challenge keeping white teeth and Crest answers that challenge. Also, for those who have had their teeth bleached, using this toothpaste helps to keep stains from forming.
2. Colgate comes in at number two on the list. What is specific to this toothpaste is that it not only gives your teeth a brilliant clean but your gums as well. However, it does use Triclosan. This may be a problem with the FDA because it is under investigation. Triclosan has already been banned in Canada and Europe.
3. Tom’s of Maine is a really good choice at number three on the list because it uses natural ingredients and is not abrasive. Not only does the toothpaste control plaque and tartar but also actually whitens teeth with every brushing.
4. Sensodyne has always addressed users with sensitivity issues. They did not stop short when whitening toothpaste came on the scene. At number five on the list, it addresses a particular problem with thinning enamel as well as the whitening aspect.
5. Opalescence Whitening Toothpaste is another toothpaste that addresses a specific issue. At number six on the list, this toothpaste is recommended for those that have already had their teeth bleached. It maintains the bleaching results the user has already received.
6. Crest 3D White Adv Vivid Enamel Renewal Toothpaste hits the list again at number six with another whitening toothpaste that addresses the bleaching status. This toothpaste is recommended for maintenance after bleaching because it contains a low concentration of the bleaching agent used to generate the whitening process.
7. Rembrandt Deeply White, Peroxide Whitening Toothpaste with Fluoride receives great reviews at number seven. Described as giving a gentle polishing that whitens below the enamel, it safely removes deep stains. This product uses Peroxide as its whitening agent.
The best whitening toothpaste is based on the user. Other personal issues may need to be addressed along with the desire to have white teeth. If you have any other concerns, a discussion with your dentist is the place to get those answers.