A Guide to Deep Frying a Thanksgiving Turkey
We have another reason to love those southern states. Today we can thank them for giving us the wonderful concept of a fried turkey. Fried turkey is nothing like you would actually expect. It is moist and flavorful on the inside and just a little bit crisp on the outside. Believe it or not, the end product isn't even greasy!
A Few Helpful hints:
- You are going to want to cook your turkey for 3 minutes per pound.
- Maximum turkey size should be 15 lbs or it won't fit in my traditional fryers
- Keep a fire extinguisher handy
Use a marinade injector to inject marinade inside the turkey meat to make the turkey more flavorful
- Make sure to lower your turkey into the deep fryer VERY slowly to avoid spills
- Wear gloves when submerging the turkey in the fryer to prevent burns