The best of both worlds
How will you use the combination convection microwave oven?
A combination microwave convection oven is absolutely designed to cook entire meals. It is more than capable of acting as both a microwave and a convection oven.
If you just want this so the kids can 'nuke' their frozen pizzas after school you probably shouldn't be considering a combination convection microwave oven. If, on the other hand, you intend to cook entire meals than you need to choose those features to make it happen....
..Choose the right size to take advantage of all the capabilities of a great combination convection microwave oven
- 1 person - 0.5 to 0.8 cubic feet
- 2 people - 0.9 to 1.3 cubic feet
- 3 people - 1.4 to 1.6 cubic feet
- 4 people - 1.8 to 2.0 cubic feet
Based on the above you should be able to pick out the best size countertop convection microwave oven to fit your needs.
Some other considerations when choosing a great combination convection microwave oven
Here are some other things to consider when looking at combination convection microwave ovens..
- To make cleanup even easier, make sure the finish is stainless steel or at the very least a dark plastic so stains aren't noticeable.
- Absolutely choose one with a turntable for even cooking
- Make sure the combination convection microwave oven has an auto off feature if the kids will be using it
- If you already own microwave safe cookware, make sure the unit you choose is deep enough to fit them
- Choose a unit with enough power, an underpowered unit will not perform as well, especially for larger models or when pushing the unit to it's capacity limit.
- If you intend to cook large cuts of meat, get a combination convection microwave oven with built a temperature sensor
Here's an example of an outstanding combination convection microwave oven, it's available on Amazon.
How much does a great combination convection microwave oven cost?
Here's some more information that'll help you find a good microwave convection oven.