Get A Free Cell Phone If You are On Food Stamps
If you are on welfare collecting food stamps you can get a free cell phone with food stamps through Safelink Wireless. The actual program is funded by the Federal Communication Commission, through their universal service funds program. These funds are monies, which get charged, automatically to every phone bill. The fund also makes payments for internet service to rural health facilities and school libraries. The fund also gets contributions from pay-telephone providers and some wireless carriers. This opportunity to get free cell phones with food stamps is an amazing opportunity for so many needy families who could not otherwise afford it.
For some families, a cell phone is their only means of contact and this is a very important step by the Federal Communications Commission.
So, How Do you Qualify and Apply?
The qualification and application process does differ from state to state. Currently not all states offer this free cell phone with food stamps program so you will have to check on the website by entering your zip code to see if you qualify. However, according to Safelinks.com, here are some general rules for qualifying:
- You already participate in other State or Federal assistance program such as Federal Public Housing Assistance, Food Stamps and Medicaid.
- Your total household income is at or below of the poverty guidelines set by your State and/or the Federal Government.
- No one in your household currently receives Lifeline Service through another phone carrier.
- You have a valid United States Postal Address. In order for us to ship you your free phone you must live at a residence that can receive mail from the US Post Office. Sorry, but P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted.
- In addition to meeting the guidelines above you will also be required to provide proof of your participation in an assistance program, or proof of your income level.
Safelinks.com also says that service is now currently available in parts of Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. They are working to get service in other parts of the country.
In order to apply go to Safelinks.com, hit the “enroll” tab, enter your zip code and following the application process. You will need to supply your name, address, and social security number. Then you are able to choose a plan and get set up for your free cell phone with food stamps.
Other Cell Phone Related Articles
- How To Get A Free Phone If You Are On Food Stamps
- Companies That Give Free Phones To Welfare Recipients
- Free Cellular Phones Government Cell Phones For The Elderly
- Free Cellular Phones From Wirefly
- Internet Satellite Phones
Other Great Articles