Even if you have problem skin, it's still possible to have a great complexion with any or all of the following quick, easy homemade facials:
Do you suffer from dryness and flaking (particularly during winter)? This do-it-yourself facial can help smooth those rough patches.
You'll need baby oil, baking soda and a moisturizer.
1. Remove makeup with a cotton ball or gauze square and a light oil, such as baby oil.
2. Pour about one-half teaspoon baby oil into the palm of one hand. Add enough baking soda to make a very thin paste. Stir with your index finger.
3. Now apply to your face, softly moving the mixture onto your cheeks, forehead, nose and chin (avoid eyelids and mouth). Work in small circles and use a light touch, spending no more than about 10 seconds on any one area.
4. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water. Blot up excess water with a clean, soft towel. While your skin is still damp, apply a generous amount of moisturizing cream.
Total time: 10 minutes.
This oil-control treatment only takes about eight minutes. The main ingredient in this mixture is milk of magnesia; any brand will do!
1. Wash your face, then rinse with warm water and pat dry.
2. Pour two tablespoons of milk of magnesia into a bowl. Dab onto your face with a cotton ball or gauze pad, avoiding your eyes and mouth area.
3. To remove the milk of magnesia, rinse your face with warm water. Then splash several more times with very cool water.
4. Now apply astringent, toner or greaseless moisturizer.
The following facial is a moisturizing mask and will take twenty minutes (for the most part). You'll need an egg yolk (rich in fatty cholesterol, which in this case is a good thing), some honey (attracts and holds moisture) and a moisturizing cream.
1. Remove makeup if you're wearing it. Use a cotton ball or gauze square and a light oil, such as baby oil.
2. Place the egg yolk and a tablespoon of honey in a cup. Stir to mix.
3. Smooth the egg-and honey mixture on your face, spreading it out as evenly as possible on cheeks, forehead, nose and chin (Don't apply to areas around the eye and mouth).
4. Wait 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
5. Blot up the excess moisture with a clean, soft towel. While your skin is slightly damp, apply a generous amount of moisturizer.