One of the most important aspects of any wedding is the cuisine. While the bride and groom are undeniably the center of attention, the food served comes in a close second and guests undoubtedly expect to be fed. Thus, choosing the right Utah wedding caterer to perfectly execute your vision is imperative. Here are the six steps to help you choose the right Utah caterer for your upcoming wedding.
Things You Will Need
Number of guests
Make a list of prospective caterers
- Ask friends, family members, and other wedding vendors for references of reputable wedding caterers. You should also peruse the yellow pages and search online for regional caterers. Based on the information you gather, begin compiling a list of prospective caterers. Keep the information organized (e.g. in your wedding notebook or binder) and make a note of each caterer's contact information and location.
Conduct initial interviews via the phone
- Call each potential caterer from your list and ask a few preliminary questions to weed out those that aren't a good fit. Find out if they are available on your wedding date, can accommodate your approximate number of guests, and if they can cater the particular type of cuisine you are interested in.
Meet in person with potential caterers
- Meeting face-to-face will give you the opportunity to assess the caterer's talent, abilities, and personality. Make sure the person you intend to meet with will be the actual person overseeing the catering the day of your event. Ask to see a sample portfolio of weddings similar in size to yours that they have catered and if you get a good vibe, schedule a tasting.
- The more you ask, the more comfortable you will feel signing a contract with a particular caterer.
- While it shouldn't be your sole deciding factor, it's obviously important to select a caterer that fits within your wedding budget. Find out how the caterer charges and have them price out a sample menu for you. Inquire about any extra fees such as corkage fees, gratuity
, and fees for non-food items such as linens, tableware, and tables and chairs.
Review the written contrac
t - A Salt Lake City Caterer
recommends that before you sign anything, make sure you thoroughly review the contract. It should list in detail the responsibilities of the caterer along with an itemized breakdown of the cost.
Tips & Warnings