"Mirror mirror on the wall, what can I do to improve my complexion and look like the models that you see at the mall?" Although amusing, statements such as this one are not terribly far-fetched, as the majority of individuals out there have something (if not many things) that they would like to improve relating to their skin. Many people are desperately seeking to trade in acne, dull skin, blotches, and fine lines for smoother and more glowing skin. The dilemma faced by several of these individuals is that the majority of them do not want to use harsh treatments and they simply cannot afford weekly/monthly beauty salon visits to facilitate solving these problems. If this sounds like you, below you will find some simple suggestions that can make a big difference in your skin in ten days or less:
1. Start with moisturizer. Dehydrated skin tents to get a dull grey look with fine lines. Prior to photo shoots, most models have massive amounts of moisturizer massaged into their face, as it has an instant effect of making them look fresher.
2. Exfoliation is imperative. You can quickly improve your complexion tremendously by getting rid of dead skin cells and excess oils through proper exfoliation.
3. Treat serious skin conditions. If you are suffering from severe acne or psoriasis, you may need to seek out a professional treatment product. There are some very effective products on the market right now that are capable of producing almost immediate results. One good natural acne treatment is Complexion Control Serum by Adonia Organics. Clinical studies have shown that this product yield a reduction in breakouts and blemishes of 84% within 14 days.
4. Maintain a healthy diet. Experts agree maintaining a healthy diet is a key variable in the battle against aging, as well as maintaining your overall health. In addition, one of the best ways to moisturize your skin is from the inside, so drinking the recommended 64 ounces of water each day can aid in achieving and/or maintaining a healthy complexion.
5. Sleep matters. Getting quality sleep in often times one of the most ignored and underestimated ways to help in achieving/maintaining healthy skin and improving one's complexion. Sleep allows the body to rest and get rejuvenated from everyday stressors, allowing individuals to get back on track.
6. Cut down on caffeine. Too much caffeine can cause dehydration and prevent the body from absorbing essential nutrients. Individuals who consume excessive amounts of caffeine are likely to have dull and tired looking skin.
Having a great complexion isn't just for models and movie stars. Start incorporating these tips into your daily skin care routine and you will have clear and beautiful skin before you know it!