Running a business is hard work, but it can be even harder in an unorganized and chaotic environment. Not only does this create inefficiency in the work place, but it may be costing your company money! The following are a few ways to clean up shop and keep your business running smoothly:
- Increasing productivity is one of the easiest ways to revamp your business. Failing to plan your day is not only a waste of time and energy, but it can become costly if you are becoming distracted and less productive thus reducing revenue you had the potential to generate. Utilize programs that manage your email, calendar, meetings, memos etc. to plan your day and keep you on task and productive.
- A business’ document storage solution can be a major cause of wasting time. If documents are not filed correctly or organized nicely, finding a simple document will take far more time than it should. While it may take some effort to organize your documents, take the time to both electronically and physically file all of your important information in an easy-to-access method that all members of the office know and understand how to use.
- Energy sucking employees are not only wasting your time, but they are also wasting your money. Unproductive employees should be moved to a location where they are a better fit, or should be let go from the company immediately. They are only creating more work for everyone else and for the person who eventually ends up replacing them.
- Develop an inventory system that efficiently and accurately tracks, manages and follows inventory into and out of your business. Not only will this help you keep the right balance of things in stock, but it will eliminate the loss of funds that comes from lost and surplus inventory.
- Keeping the office clean, organized and stocked with supplies is one of the quickest ways to literally “keep house”. You and your employees will not only work better in a clean and organized environment, but you’ll find that completing everyday tasks takes less time when you know exactly where something is or don’t have to run to the store to get it. If you have a hard time keeping your office clean, consider having a maid service come in once a week or twice a month to do the deep cleaning.