Fans of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe have enjoyed what are perhaps the finest series of Masters of the Universe action figures yet produced — Masters of the Universe Classics. Since these figures are online exclusives that are not produced in large amounts, it can be difficult to collect this quality action figure line. Here are some simple steps you can take not to miss any Masters of the Universe Classics figure.
Know the Release Date
To keep up with Masters of the Universe Classics (MOTUC) you must know the release date each month for the latest Masters of the Universe Classics action figure. Mattel has said that a new figure will be released on the 15th of each month unless that day falls on a holiday or a weekend. In that case, the release date will be on the first business day after the 15th. If you do not get online on this day, chances are good you will miss your figure.
Shop Online at Matty Collector
Go online on the release date of the figure to www.mattycollector.com. This is the site through which Mattel sells He-Man and his friends in the MOTUC line and will be the cheapest place to buy the toy. You will have to online at 12 p.m. eastern time or have one of your friends go there and buy it on your behalf.
Patience Pays Off
Be patient with the red order screen. If the queue is full, you will get a red order screen that will automatically refresh itself every three seconds. Eventually it will take you to the order page where you can select the Masters of the Universe toys that you want.
Buy the Figure
Place the number of MOTUC figures that you want in your cart and proceed to checkout to pay via credit card, Paypal, or electronic method. It may be possible to purchase more than one different figure as Mattel will release bonus figures, so if you have missed one here is your chance to order it.
Tips and Suggestions
• Some toy-selling sites will allow you to preorder Masters of the Universe Classics action figures. This is the way to go if you will not be able to go online at the time of release.
• Ebay and fan sites like www.he-man.org are also good places to look for figures you have missed.
• Keep an eye out for announcements online about the release of other citizens of Eternia in the MOTUC line.
• Key figures you may have missed like He-Man and Skeletor will often be re-released by Mattel.
• Make sure that what you are ordering are the current Masters of the Universe Classics figures. Some sites will try to sell you the old figures from the 1980s or the re-releases of the old figures from the early 2000s.