Everyone knows at least one happy couple that we love to hate because deep down we really
1. Show your appreciation every day. You have 24 hours every day to appreciate this person who is your partner. It doesn’t have to be extremely long speeches or any other type of verbal appreciation, it could be by doing the little things. Asking yourself, what can I do to cerlebrate my partner today and acting on your answer will keep the romance in your relationship and put you on the right path to becoming the couple everyone envies.
2. Surprise your partner. Small and totally unexpected surprises can turn the mundane everyday into a special occasion. Routine and mundane are the enemies of romance so try as much as possible to reduce it in your relationship.
3. Carve out time to be together. At the beginning of a relationship, you’re always together because you’re still in the process of getting to know each other. But when you’ve been together a while, you may not spend as much time together. This kills the romance in your relationship more than anything else. Make each other your priority and spend quality time with yourselves.
4. Plan your dream getaway. Do it together, look at brochures or websites and discuss what a dream getaway would look like. Even if you don’t have the money or the time to go, planning it will bring you together and give you a goal to work towards.
5. Take turns planning dates. This way one partner isn’t doing all the planning and organizing. It also allows you to figure out what your partner wants and how to give it to him or her. These special occasions can put the zing back in your love life.
6. Mix things up. It would be impossible to eliminate all routines from your relationships, but it is a wise course to break out of the routine once in a while. Doing new things together makes your relationship fresher and ultimately stronger, so try it.
7. Take a class together. This also is a great way to bust out of a relationship rut. Learning a new skill together makes you both feel more connected and could even be the key to the discovery of some aspect of your relationship that was previously unknown.
8. Spend 30 minutes a day just talking. There is no way to build a strong and enviable relationship if you do not spend time with each other. Spend time just talking, doing nothing else for at least 30 minutes everyday. Talk about everything; work, your goals both for the relationship and generally, everything.
10. Do chores. Now, chores do not really stand out when you think of something romantic but sharing the chores can be a romantic activity. And beyond that, it makes the partner in charge of that particular thing happy and cared about.
11. Remember what first sparked your love. Whatever it is that made you fall in love can keep your love going, and guess what, that element never truly goes away. So keep what you love in your partner at the fore of your mind, relive and recreate it as much as possible and your romance will never die.
12. Give up a grudge. Nothing kills a relationship faster than resentment. A grudge builds a wall between partners, and does not allow the relationship to grow healthily. Whatever it is that upsets you about your partner, talk it through and let it go!
13. Have a lazy weekend together. Pick a day to just do nothing with your partner. You’d be surprised what these kind of days can do for your relationship.
14. Do more things together. These don’t have to be grand gestures. Just going to bed and waking up together and eating together can go a long way.
If you keep the romance alive in your relationship, it will show in everything you do as a couple. It is this little things that will keep you happy and keep your relationship as the focal point for the envy of others.
Amazon Price: $16.95 $3.34 Buy Now
(price as of Jan 13, 2016)