Everybody has that one person that they forgot to buy a Christmas gift for. It could be a friend, teacher, baby-sitter or even your sister. We have all experienced that slight panic attack of trying to find a gift last minute, well I have the perfect idea for you- cookie mix in a jar! These particular cookies have many different names. They are often called santa cookies or cow boy/girl cookies, you can call them whatever you want or even make up a new name.
This is what you will need to make this gift:
- One quart size mason jar
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, spooned into a measuring cup and leveled
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cooking oats
- 3/4 cup M&Ms (red and green)
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
Directions on how to make this gift:
1.Layer all of the ingredients in the quart size mason jar in this order. Make sure that you pack all of the ingredients in tightly, otherwise they will not all fit. I recommend using a small ladle or spoon.
Flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt
2.Print out the following directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir all the dry ingredients in a Large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 slightly beaten egg, ½ cup melted butter, and 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients
- Roll the cookie dough into 1 ½ inch balls,
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
3.Cut out directions and glue onto patterned holiday paper.
4.Punch a hole into the directions.
5.Thread a colorful holiday ribbon through the hole and tie around the neck of the mason jar.
Your slight panic attack is now over. Now you have a cute tasty gift to give to the forgotten person!