My aunt gave me this awesome recipe, she calls them puff patties. These buns are easy to make and the result is soft and tasty mini-buns, that you will love.
The recipe for chicken filling that I have included below is perfect for this bun, but you can use your own recipe for filling.
Ingredients- (For the dough)
- 500g all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. milk powder
- warm water
- 1 tsp. salt
- sesame seeds
- 1 egg beaten, to apply before baking
- some butter to apply after baking
- Add milk powder and sugar to 1 cup of warm water.
- Add the yeast and mix well.
- Add the salt, baking powder and butter to the flour and mix.
- Add the milk and yeast mixture to the flour and knead well. Add more water if needed.
- Leave it for 1 hour till then let us make the filling.
Ingredients (Vegetable filling)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup grated or finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 cup cucumber cut into small dices
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- You can add some salad dressing and make this according to your taste.
- This is the first filling, there is a chicken filling to be made.
- Wash and cut some lettuce.
Ingredients (Chicken filling)
- 250g chicken
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 big onion chopped finely
- 1 medium sized tomato
- 1 capsicum
- 1 tsp. pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or seasoning *optional
- Boil chicken with little salt and pepper, then shred it.
- Add oil in a pan.
- Add ginger garlic and fry it.
- Add onions, capsicum, salt and seasoning.
- Turn off the fire, add chicken,tomato and mix.
- Your chicken filling is ready.
MAKING THE BUN
- Make 20 balls out of the risen flour.
- (The other 5 balls can be made using the remaining dough after cutting)
- Roll out into circles, little bigger than a tea cup rim.
- The circle should be 1/2 inches thick.
- Fold it in half but don't press it down.
- Cut using half the cup. (Collect all the extra pieces to make more balls)
- Remove the extra bit.
- Apply some beaten egg yolk and some sesame.
- Bake it in 160 degrees for 15 minutes or till it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the tray and add a dab of butter in the hot buns.
- Now you can easily open the buns using your hands, you needn't cut them open.
- Keep a piece of lettuce.
- Place 1 tbsp. of chicken filling inside.
- Then 1 tsp. of vegetable salad outside.
- Enjoy with ketchup.
- If you are serving kids, I think its better to put the vegetable filling inside and the chicken filling out. Some children try to take out the carrot and cabbage, and the result will be a messy place. So, lets put the vegetable filling inside.