What are Swag Bucks?Credit: http://www.istockphoto.com
For those of you who don’t know or haven’t heard of Swag Bucks, it’s a website that allows users to earn "virtual currency" by completing tasks that they would normally do on the internet and in their daily lives. Some of these tasks include shopping, taking polls and playing games.
I've decided to set a goal for myself to see if I can earn 5,000 Swag Bucks this month so that I can be eligible for a $100 PayPal gift card. I have a lot of student loan debt to pay off and I'm going to have to start making payments in the near future.
There are various ways to earn Swag Bucks and since I'm in need of some extra cash, I've decided to compile a list of 25 ways to earn Swag Bucks.
- Sign up - It's free and easy. It only takes a few minutes and you can sign up with your Facebook login if you like. You earn 30 Swag Bucks just for signing up.
- Refer friends and family earn up to 1,000 Swag Bucks per referral. I included my referral id just in case you wanted to sign up under me. Note: You are only awarded matching Swag Bucks for the Bucks they win while searching.
- Download the toolbar - Get 20 Swag Bucks just for downloading the toolbar.
- Use the search toolbar for all your searches - The amount of Swag Bucks you'll receive will vary and you won't receive them on every search. (On my first two searches I received 14 Swag Bucks)
- Daily poll - Complete the daily poll and get 1 Swag Buck. It only takes about 20 seconds.
- Send a poll idea and if your idea is selected, you'll earn 100 Swag Bucks.
- Games - There are 2 different ways to earn Swag Bucks with games. You can choose to play free games as many times as you like and be eligible to earn Swag Bucks. Or you can buy into tournament games for a chance to earn Swag Bucks.
- No Obligation Special Offers (NOSOs) - You're eligible to earn Swag Bucks once per day just by viewing these offers. These offers are from brand name companies. You don’t need a credit card but you do have to provide your name and email address. I would recommend using a dummy email address because more than likely you will hear from this company again. You may need to enter more information but there isn’t a charge. Some of the offers may be free samples or coupons toward a product.
- Coupons - Print and redeem grocery store coupons - you get 10 Swag Bucks for every coupon you redeem at your local grocery store. It may take up to 12 weeks for the Swag Bucks to be credited to your account, so don’t expect immediate credit. The coupons are from coupons.com, so if you already use that site, make the switch over to Swag Bucks to get extra points. You can enter your zip code to find even more coupons in your area.
- Daily Deals - You can find limited time deals from local and national retailers. You earn SB's with every purchase. Before you go shopping or make online purchases, stop by this section to make sure there isn’t anything that you wanted or needed. Most of the deals featured for me were local retailers and Groupon specials.
- Shop & Earn - This is another section for online shopping. You can find a lot of major retailers in this section. Just select the store you want to shop at and hit shop now to follow the link to their site. You will earn SB's based on what the store allows. Your SB's will be awarded within 30 days.
- Special Offers - When you purchase a special offer you are guaranteed to earn SB's. Some of the special offers include signing up for web hosting, credit card offers and surveys.
- Sign up for newsletter - The newsletter is sent out twice a month and includes special offers, news and account updates.
- Read the blog (http://blog.swagbucks.com/) for special offers and to find the swag code.
- Swag Bucks TV - Watch short videos on different subjects. You can have the videos up in the background while you do other things. You earn 3 SB's for every 10 videos you watch. The different channels are: SB Originals, Entertainment, Fashion, Pets & Travel, Food, Tech News & Reviews, Health, News, Homes & Gardens and Music. Each channel includes several subcategories and videos to watch.
- Download the Swag Bucks TV app and get 2 Swag Bucks per every 5 videos you watch.
- Tasks - Earn various SB's by completing different tasks. The tasks can range from searching Google to writing questions.
- Trade In - Trade in books, video games & consoles for SB's. For video games, when you enter the game or console system, you're able to see how many SB's you will earn if you trade in those items. For books, you search by the isbn number. You're able to get free shipping if you have 600 SB trade in value.
- Surveys - Complete your personal profile(state you live, household income, education level, etc) and answer questions from sponsors to earn Swag Bucks. When you complete additional profiles, you earn more SB's. If you have ever done surveys before you know they can be time consuming to complete. The surveys listed in your dashboard show the estimated time to complete them and how many SB's you'll earn.
- Find the swag code. They are hidden messages or a specific string of text around the SB network. The codes can be found on their Facebook page, Twitter or their blog.
- Check your messages on the main page. You can earn Swag Bucks by entering sweepstakes or performing other tasks.
- Meet the Daily Earning Meter - On the home page under My Daily Goal you will see what your daily SB goal and bonuses are for achieving your goal.
- Enter Swagstakes - To enter the different Swagstakes you have to redeem some Swag Bucks, however your entry into the sweepstakes allows you to either earn SB or prizes. Be careful and don’t enter too many or you'll lose more SB than you've earned.
- Send in a picture of yourself and your Swag Bucks purchase and you'll get 10 free Swag Bucks added to your account.
- Make a video unboxing on YouTube to receive 20 Swag Bucks.
Over the next month, I plan to use most if not all of these methods to reach my goal. If you've been successful with Swag Bucks and I didn’t include how you earn more Swag Bucks, include a comment and I can add to the list.