Hey times are tough now. If you've run out of thing to sell on eBay then perhaps it's time to consider selling your sperm to a sperm donor bank. Despite what people think you can't just walk in and make a deposit, the approval process is quite long and you will be screened thoroughly. If you pass the requirements of your local sperm donor bank the money can be quite good for what in reality is just a few minutes of 'work' once or twice a month.
Find a local sperm bank that is accepting new sperm donors
Search for several local sperm donor clinics. There should be some helpful links on this page that might make that easier. If you can't find one your doctor should be able to recommend one.
The sperm bank screening process for potential sperm donors
Once you find a local sperm donor bank you need to pass their initial requirements. They may have their minimum requirments posted right up on their website. Most of them have the same pre-screening list as they all want to make sure you're healthy, desease free and young. I've listed below the most common ones that sperm donor banks have.
- You should be at least 5' 9'' tall. You can apply if you're shorter but keep in mind most moms want tall sperm donors so they can have tall children.
- You should be between 18 and 40 years old
- You should be of normal weight. Don't even think of applying if you are overweight. A good sperm donor bank will reject you for this, lose some weight before you apply, not only will you be healthier but you wont be automatically rejected.
- You should be well educated, the more educated you are the more the sperm donor bank will pay you because your sperm will have a higher demand.
- You should be able to provide 4 or 5 'deposits' a month for the first 6 months
- You should not be adopted. A sperm donor bank wants to be able to check your parents health history. They don't have anything against adopted kids, it's just virtually impossible to get a health history from them.
- And finally you should (obviously) not have any deseases
If you pass all these requirements you should apply to your local sperm donor bank over the phone. If they like you they'll have you stop by and leave a 'sample' for testing.
The sperm donor bank will test your sample for motility, count, deformity and freeze ability. They'll also check your background; education, employment and health history. If all this looks good the sperm donor bank will invite you back for yet another round of testing
When you get back to the sperm donor bank you will be tested for deseases, STDs and be given a urine test to screen for drug use. If you test positive you're out, no ifs ands or buts. If you pass all these you will be offered a contract.
Once you sign the contract you will be expected to make 1-2 deposits a week for the next 6 months or so.
The testing and screening done by the sperm donor bank is extensive, but, if you pass all this you can be making money at the sperm donor bank in as little as two weeks for what amounts to minutes of 'work' a week.
Read this article if you're looking to become a sperm donor in New York City