In a relationship, both partners should consistently be looking for ways to make the other Credit: dreamstime/image22195044person feel happy and loved. This willingness and ability, is after all, a very important aspect of a healthy relationship. However, it is important to note that in any healthy relationship, this desire to make the other person happy is not one sided. So, if you’re the only one in your relationship going out of your way to make the other happy, then you need to reevaluate your relationship. If you are in a healthy relationship and you’re looking for avenues to make your partner feel happy and loved here are some tips that you should consider:
- Find what it was that attracted your lover to you in the first place and enhance it. Tweak your looks, conversation or carriage to your loved one. This will to help him remember everyday just how awesome you are and why he fell for you in the first place.
- Help with your partner’s life. Everyone needs support in different ways. Find what area of their life your sweetheart could use support and offer it unstintingly. Being each others number one cheerleader is bound to make you both happy and keep your relationship going smooth.
- Indulge in romantic gestures. An unexpected sweet gesture is guaranteed to put a smile on your sweetie’s face for the rest of the day. You don’t have to make a grand gesture, a little sweet move will suffice and leave your significant other feeling loved and happy all day.
- Don’t ever make your partner feel insecure. Making your sweetheart feel insecure in any way could threaten your relationship. It leads to one or both parties being cranky and unwilling to share that part of their lives with the other. This will lead to the opposite of a happy and loving relationship and may even be the undoing of your relationship.
- Don’t let your partner take you for granted. If you’re overly accommodating and tend to have no opinion of your own, your significant other may take you for granted. This will eventually lead to your unhappiness in the relationship. Even if you continue to want to maintain that relationship, your partner may get tired of your lack of opinion and end the relationship.
- Ask for help sometimes. Independence and self-sufficiency is a good thing but do not be obstinately independent. Sometimes it’s okay to ask for help from your partner. It makes them feel needed and to be honest, you could do with the help. It is not a bad thing to ask for help from your loved one. They are there to help you.
- Give your lover a hug just because. Going up to your lover and hugging him for no reason is a great way to make your partner feel loved and happy. It also leaves you feeling happy, making it a win-win situation. So go up to your sweetie and give him a hug right now.
- Indulge in public display of affection. When you’re affectionate with your significant other in public, it proves that you’re not embarrassed to be seen with him. It also leaves your sweetie feeling great, happy and loved.
- Be absolutely honest about other people you meet. There is nothing worse than being introduced to someone by your significant other and not only have you met before but you met while you and your partner were already together. Of course, there may not have been any cheating going on but how do you imagine your partner would feel?
- Always give your partner first place. No matter the situation and no matter who is around, your sweetheart should be the number one. This should work both ways. Your significant other should not be treated like a leprous cousin simply because your siblings don’t like him. Instead, work to make your siblings and your significant other become friends.
- Trust your partner. Trust is a crucial element in any relationship. Acting obsessive or jealous will make your relationship a tense never-ending struggle that is not conducive to love or happiness. Trust your sweetheart and let him know that you trust him.
- Give your partner space. Everyone needs space and time to simply be themselves. Ensure that you give this to your lover and they will be glad you love and trust them enough to allow them to simply be.
A relationship is supposed to be our haven and oasis of happiness and love. By supporting each other and being there in times of need, we make one another happy and find our anchor is this world. Making your loved one feel happy and loved will help you both grow a stronger bond in your relationship.
Amazon Price: $12.99 $2.40 Buy Now
(price as of Jun 28, 2014)