Ever wondered how to make a green smoothie? If yes, then this article is definitely for you! So many people wake up thinking to themselves "I am going to eat healthy today!", and then don't really know where to begin.
Well, this is where the healthy smoothie comes in! It is one of the best wake-up, breakfast smoothies you can have.
One of the biggest problems people have when it comes to eating right is that they don't have a consistent way to get their day started on the right track...so knowing how to create an energy-packed smoothie can make a huge difference to your health!
Why Eat Healthy Fruit Smoothies?
Learning what it takes to make a healthy, delicious smoothie is one of the best things you can do for yourself. The green smoothie recipe
Let's look at a short list highlighting some of the goodness that comes with eating these fruits and veggies!
- Cardiovascular protection from potassium and fiber
- Provide protection from ulcers
- Improve elimination
- Help you grow stronger bones
- Promote better kidney health
- Prevent dementia
- Reduce the risk of stroke
- Reduce the risk of diabetes
- Improve neurological health
- Ward off breast cancer
- Lower bad cholesterol levels
- Keep you mentally sharp
- Help manage diabetes
- Boost heart health
- Great for weight control
- Lower blood pressure
- Fight cancer
- Help prevent Alzheimer's
- Filled with powerful antioxidants
- Great as an anti-inflammatory
- Supports our cardiovascular system
- High in vitamins A, C, K
- High in iron and calcium
- Great for detoxing
- Contains many phyto-nutrients
- A rich source of several anti-oxidants
- Contains many vitamins and minerals
- Great for cholesterol control and weight reduction
- Helps prevent osteoperosis, iron-deficiency and anemia
Let's Make a Delicious Green Smoothie!
Now that we understand why a healthy smoothie is great for us, let's get into how to make the thing! Drink at least one of these a day, and you will be feeling vibrant and filled with energy!
*This green smoothie recipe
- 2 bananas
- 2 apples
- 3-5 kale leaves (depending on size)
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 handfuls of whatever berries you like!
- 1 cup of coconut water
- 2 cups of regular water
Here is a video that shows the step-by-step process of how to make this exact green smoothie:
Steps to follow:
- Add bananas, apples, and berries to your blender (unless the berries are frozen, in which case you should add at the end). When using a blender, it is always wise to start with the softest ingredients first. This helps the blender work it's magic.
- Next, add your greens! When preparing the kale, it is recommended to peel the leaves off of the stems and only use the leaves in your smoothie. The spinach can be washed and thrown right in.
- After that, add the liquid ingredients. If you want a sweeter smoothie, you can try adding a bit more coconut water (or bananas!).
- Blend up your healthy green smoothie.
Now, all that's left to do is share this delicious meal with one of your friends or loved ones!
If you have one of these for breakfast everyday, and follow a consistent workout regiment such as practicing different yoga styles, you will be on your way to a very healthy lifestyle! If you know how to make a green smoothie, you can nourish your body with all the proper nutrients it needs so that it can work as it should. Good luck, and be sure to share this recipe with your friends!