This article is dedicated to all the kids around the world. Hope you find it useful and interesting.
On this page you will find your answers to delicious recipes...
- Rainbow Layer Cake
- Rainbow Cupcake
- Rainbow Fondant
- Rainbow cake pops
- Rainbow Cookies
- And a small animalish cake surprise...
Using these ideas you can make...
- Rainbow Jello
ALL THE BEST
Cooks in: 1 ½ hours
Makes: 24 cupcakes or 8 inches cake
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
STEP BY STEP PICTURES
- Beat butter till light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat for 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Sieve the flour, salt and baking powder together. Sieving aerates the flour and causes it to rise when baked. Let’s sieve 3 times.
- Add the flour to the batter and mix using a wooden spoon or spatula. Don’t beat after adding flour as it will harden the batter.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Now divide into 4 or 6 portions and add your favorite rainbow colors.
- Pre-heat oven on 180 c.
- Now grease a circular baking tray with some butter and coat it with some flour.
- You should have a tablespoon in each container of batter. It is better f you can use a spoon that can hold 3 spoons of batter. As every round of batter will be 3 tablespoons of batter.
- Now pour 3 spoons of batter in the middle of the pan.
- Don’t stop till it spreads. Add another 3 spoons of another color.
- Add another color in the middle again.
- Keep repeating this till all the batter finishes.
- Don’t try to be too neat because as the cake bakes the circles will took neat anyway.
- Once you are done bake your cake for around 45 minutes.
- Make sure you don’t open the oven for the first 20 minutes or else the cake will not rise.
- At 40 minutes check the cake by inserting a toothpick and it should feel dry.
- After its baked remove from the oven and let it cool outside for 5 minutes.
- Once the cake is baked we should never leave it in the oven. The cake should be removed immediately.
- After 5 minutes turn in onto a plate.
- You can frost it if you love to.
Making Rainbow Cupcakes
Recipe for Rainbow Cupcakes
- 250 g all purpose flour, sieved 3 times
- 250 g sugar
- 250 g margarine or butter
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk powder, (optional)
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- Beat the margarine well till it turns soft.
- Add the sugar to the margarine and beat well till...............................
Read the entire recipe for making easy cupcake.
Divde the batter into 6.
Add the colors and pour on on top of the other.
See the above video to understand better.
Rainbow Cake Pops
Rainbow Cake Pops
- 500g Left over butter cake
- 200g Butter icing/ frosting
- 6 colors
To read the rest of the recipe see this step by step receipe on making cake pops.
- Then you have to make 6 balls that increase in size.
- Color the balls.
- Using the smalles ball as the center, wrap the rest of the balls one over the other.
Watch the above video to get a clear idea about the method.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 ½ cups castor sugar
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. almond or any flavoring
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Use melted butter.
- Mix the sugar with the butter.
- Beat the eggs and the almond essence in another bowl.
- Add this to the butter mixture and beat or mix well.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt 3 times.
- Add this to the egg butter mixture, little by little and mix well using your hand.
- The dough should not stick to your hands. If it is sticking add a little more flour to get the correct consistency.
- Divide the dough into 6.
- The first ball should be small and the rest should increase in size, the last ball being the biggest.
- Add the rainbow colors adding the darkest shade to the smallest ball.
- Now roll the smallest ball to make a cylinder shape.
- Roll all the other colors flat but with the same thickness.
- If you so this correctly, the biggest ball will be the widest.
- Now cover one with another till you get cylinder-shaped dough.
- Cut the cylinder in half.
- Cut out your rainbow cookies, it should be semi circles.
- Bake them on 380 c for 8 minutes. Don’t let them brown.
- RAINBOW COOKIES ARE READY!
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 cups castor sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 5 tbsp. milk
- Add the salt in the butter and beat till it turns pale and creamy.
- Add the sugar a tablespoon at a time and beat well.
- Increase the speed of the beater and beat for 2 minutes.
- Now put it on medium and beat for 5 minutes.
- Add the vanilla essence and the milk little at a time and beat.
- Now you would have got fluffy icing.
- Add the coloring into 6 bowls of divided frosting.
- Add spoonful of each colored frosting into the icing cylinder.
- And start frosting your cake/cupcake
- WATCH VIDEO FOR A CLEAR IDEA.
Rainbow Fondant Flowers
Tie Dye Zebra Cake
For zebra cake make the cake according to the above instructions till the part where you add the milk.
Divide the milk into 2. Add 4 tbsp of cocoa powder in one bowl of milk and mix well until combined.
Add the plain milk to the batter to make the butter cake.
Add the cocoa milk to the other batter to make chocolate cake.
Now follow the same instructions as the rainbow cake to make the zebra cake.