Choosing Tanning Lotion For Your Skin TypeSkin cancer is one of the most common types of cancer. One spot that it occurs most is the tips of the ears because when people use their suntan lotion they might put it on their face, but they forget the ears. Using a tanning lotion that will help you tan yet minimize your exposure to dangerous UV rays is a great and healthy idea.
There are many different types of tanning lotions. Just as there are many types of lotions there are several different skin types. Fortunately though, there are fewer skin types than tanning lotions. When talking about skin type it is important to make a distinction between skin type for wearing cosmetics, such as oily, dry, or normal skin type, and tanning lotion skin type. Tanning lotion skin type has to do with the amount of melanin in your skin. Melanin is a skin pigment that causes darkness in skin, hair, and features. If you have a lot of melanin in your skin then you are going to need a different type of tanning lotion than someone who does not. Although these things may affect the types of cosmetics you were, it is not as specifically related to your tanning lotion skin type.
Now that you know you are looking at your skin for its tone and not dryness or oiliness, it is easier to define your tanning lotion skin type.
- For very pale or fair skinned people, those who often burn immediately in the sun then turn white again, it is really important that you choose the right tanning lotion. Choosing a tanning lotion that is a sunless tanning lotion is ideal. If you go outside you should have skin protection, suntan lotion with SPF in it. You can use light sunless tanning lotions, but make sure to consult a professional about it if you are not sure. Just make sure you are not buying some type of tanning lotion that is used to advance an already tanned skin.
- For folks who have middle of the road skin tone you should be able to use an indoor tanning lotion and sunless tanning lotions. You are closer to the very pale and fair skinned so your skin could very easily get damaged by spending too much time under the sun. Sunless tanning lotions are your best bet because your skin is prone to burning.
- Your skin tans and gets darker with tanning lotion. You are more likely to get a tan than get a sunburn, so your tanning lotion skin type means you can use an indoor tanning lotion that has a tan extension in it. You can use dark sunless tanning lotion, too, because of it has DHA in it and will enhance and extend the development of a tan.
- Your skin burns if you fall asleep under the sun for a day. You should choose an indoor tanning lotions and carefully time the length you stay under the bulb at tanning salons. It is likely that a sunless tanning lotion would not help because your skin is already dark enough and producing its own natural melanin.
- And, you. You have dark skin that does not burn. This does not mean that you can get away without protecting your face and skin when you are out in the sun. You should still take the normal precautions against skin cancer. The tanning lotion for you is more about evening out your already tanned skin. For this, you should use an indoor tanning lotion and a moisturizer. Everyone wants to have smooth skin during the summer.
Of course, there are going to be tanning products that will cater to both your tanning lotion skin type and the more cosmetic aspects, some of them even combining the two. Getting a tan is not worth getting skin cancer or getting sun sick.
Follow these home care burn tips if you get too much sun exposure. You should never peel your sunburn or pop a blister.