Some of these home remedies are quite effective
Nothing ruins a good nights sleep like snoring, whether yours or your partners. There's a few home remedies you can try to help fix this, the key is to attack all the possible causes and see which one works the best. Here are some easy tips to implenent to help you finally get some sleep.
Some tried and true ways to prevent snoring
Here are some proven ways to help prevent snoring.
- Snoring occurs because the airway is partially blocked. To prevent snoring sleep on a try modifying the type of pillow you use to find the one that opens up the airway the most.
- Milk and other dairy products can cause mucus buildup which in turn can cause snoring. Try to avoid consuming dairy products about an hour before going to sleep. Note, this also includes yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Being overweight can also block the airway. Although this one will obviously take some time to implement it'll have the greatest long term effect in reducing snoringvent snoring. This is also a healthy thing to do overall.
- Avoid compressing the airway. Sleeping on your back can compress the airway which can lead to snoring. Sleeping on your side is a simple, but effective way to prevent snoring. If you do nothing else try sleeping on your side as this is one of the most effective ways to prevent snoring.
- Take a teaspoon of honey before going to bed. Taking honey can open up the airway and clear away mucus. This is another very easy way to prevent snoring, or at least reduce it. Considering the ease of this tip you should really try this one first.
- Relaxed throat muscles can cause snoring. To prevent snoring avoid consuming alcohol, tranquilizers and cold medicines before going to sleep.
Here's an example of a great product that seems to work very well to prevent snoring, it's available on Amazon.
If all of these tips fail to help I'd try an anti-snoring spray or other anti-snoring products, be advised that you may have to experiment with these to see which ones work best for you.