There is nothing more embarrassing than waking up one morning and finding a little speck of loose skin hanging from your eyelid or on your face or arms. Skin Tags happen and the chances of one of these winding up on your skin grows the older you get. A skin tag is normally not serious though. Simply put, a skin tag is a benign tumor which in layman's terms simply means that your skin cells went haywire and crazy producing more skin than it needed. The most common places to get a skin tag is in the groin area, on the face and around the eyes, and under the armpits although they can really appear anywhere. Medical professionals are really unsure as to why this happens but some have their educated guesses. These include:
In this article, I am going to give various solutions, both home remedies and professional remedies to skin tags and show how to remove skin tags safely on your own.
If you have insurance, and are dealing with multiple skin tags, then the safest and quickest option is to have a doctor do it for you. This is normally a quick process and there are a variety of ways to removing them. Typically, a skin tag will be cut off with scissors and a scalpel. While this may sound painful, the procedure is very quick and releatively pain free.
If you don't have insurance and don't want to spend the couple hundred dollars to have one removed, the next option is a home remedy. Some of these home remedies work very well and quickly. Some are nothing more than an old wife's tale and will be simply a waste of time. That said, there are plenty of home remedies to removing skin tags that do work. Here are a few:
- Remove a skin tag by having it cut off- This is by far the quickest way. You will want to use sterilized scissors and some peroxide to sanitize the area before you start. My advice to you is if you are going to do it, do it quickly. There is always a risk for infection so watch the area a couple days after you cut off the skin tag. Finally, there is one caveat that I think I should mention....cutting off a skin tag does not mean that it won't grow back.
- You can also tie a string around the skin tag- This option basically cuts the blood supply of the skin tag off from the rest of the body. Cells need it to grow. Without a blood supply and oxygen, the skin tag will turn black and die.
- Duct tape the skin tag- This is another unconventional way to remove a skin tag. You cover the area tightly. It works much in the same way that the string method works. You are cutting off oxygen and blood to the tag.
Looking for a Quicker way to remove a skin tag in as little as 3 days? This new book shows how....Click Here Now
Tea Tree Oil will help remove a skin tag- Tea Tree Oil is great for a lot of different skin ailments and works very well on skin tags. Tea tree oil is the common name but the scientific name of this herb is Melaleuca Alternifolia. Tea tree oil is the only natural herbal remedy for treating skin tags that can be verified to work. To use tea tree oil, you need to do the following:
- Thoroughly wash the skin around the tag.
- Take a cotton ball or q-tip and apply the tea tree oil directly on the skin tag, rubbing gently.
- Cover with a band-aid if you can and repeat this process twice a day until the skin tag dies.
- The process usually takes two weeks to notice a difference.
- Take 2 parts baking soda and 1 part castor oil and mix it until it forms a paste.
- I also suggest getting some lemon or orange extract to mask the smell as castor oil is not very nice to smell.
- Wash the area around the tag thoroughly.
- Apply the past directly on the skin tag and then cover with a bandaid.
- Apply this paste twice a day until the tag falls off
- Obviously if the skin tag is on your face or around your eyes, you should look for a different solution.
For more great articles, check out this associatedcontent profile