Summer is the time for skin show, when less clothes means more and when you get into that skimpy bikini of yours; you want to look the best. A few easy and simple tips is bound to help you in a great way to lose weight by reducing that tummy bulge and it will also support you to lead a healthy lifestyle. You can achieve summer weight loss by trying out foods that can accelerate the metabolic system and this will in turn help you to lose all those extra pounds.
1) Sleep at least 7-8 hours a day: According to the health research that was conducted by University of Wisconsin, lack of sleep can definitely interfere with your weight loss efforts as it will disturb the production of the hormone Leptin which actually helps in weight loss. This hormone helps to reduce your cravings and appetite and thereby enhances metabolism. Adequate amount of sleep of about 7-8 hours at night is quite important to produce higher level of leptin which will thereby help you in your summer weight loss.
2) Introducing adequate amount of Omega-3 fats in your diet: In order to ensure that the hormone leptin works the best in your favor, you must consume those kinds of foods that have a significant amount of omega-3 fats. There are several studies that point out that omega-3 fats can increase the production of leptin in your body which will help you in your weight loss attempt. Some of the common foods that contain high levels of omega-3 fats are salmon, walnuts, tuna and flax seeds.
3) Use tea as your refreshment: All the carbonated beverages contain a lot of sugar in them and it is best to avoid them. When you feel tired and want to refresh yourself, make use of either the brown or the green tea. Both these tea varieties contain various essential nutrients which are good for the body.
4) Make use of seasonal foods: Vegetables are powerful weapons that can support your weight loss mission. You can eat 9-10 servings of fruits and vegetables a day to meet your daily nutritional level and also to help you lose weight.
5) Be active: Do not hide in the coolness of your air conditioned room. Instead take this time out to be fit and active and explore nature with regular walks.
Summertime is the best time to take care of your health as you have the liberty to enjoy all your sports activities in this weather. Good sleep, adequate exercise and a healthy diet are the three essential factors which will bring about your summer weight loss.