Did you know that the skin is actually an organ? In fact, it is the largest organ in your body. Constantly, it is sloughing off dead cells as a way to renew and repair itself. For a healthy, smooth skin, you must always remove these dead cells, allowing your skin to breathe and eliminating toxic waste.
There are two states in each end of the moisture spectrum, both will be detrimental to your skin. One is dry, which occurs with age and will leave you looking wrinkled and barren. The other is oily, which can result in acne and can make you look unhealthy. However, if you understand your skin and remember to take care of it, there is no reason you can't avoid these states and, thus, go through life with gorgeous looking skin.
For most people, the number one area of concern is the facial skin. Since your face is more exposed to the elements than any other part of your body, it will be prone to dry skin and wrinkles. To avoid this, you can turn to home remedies. These are much less expensive than the products you pick up from the department store's cosmetic counter. They are also free of harmful chemicals and additives. Next are some tips on how to get smooth skin naturally.
How to Remedy Dry, Chapped Skin
- Dry, itchy skin can be relieved by saline baths. Use about six pounds of rock or table salt and add it to warm bath water. After soaking for 20 minutes, massage almond or olive oil into your skin.
- To reduce moisture loss, use home humidifiers. This is especially useful if you use central heating
- In order to allow your skin to repair and renew its cells, it is crucial that you get enough sleep.
- switching away from soap, and instead cleansing your skin with a flour and cream mixture, will help preserve the moisture in your skin.
- For the best natural moisturizer, you can use virgin coconut oil or butter. In the case of sunburn or peeling, rub the gel from a sliced Aloe Vera leaf onto the affected area of your skin.
How to Avoid Wrinkles
- Prolonged exposure to the sun is harmful to your skin. If you can't avoid it, use a quality sunscreen.
- Since it's rich in antioxidants, drinking green tea can help you prevent wrinkles.
- Preserve moisture and strengthen your skin cells by using evening primrose oil supplements.
- Apply a mask of one egg white and one ground almond. Keep it on until dry, then gently remove it using water.
- To prevent wrinkles under your eyes, dab the area with egg whites. A great moisturizer to use under the eyes, as well as on your throat, is odor free castor oil.
- To maintain a beautiful, radiant and smooth skin, nothing beats diet, exercise and drinking plenty of water. In the end, what's going on inside will always be reflected on the outside.