What is gout
For most of the people who can’t do without a booze in a day, this will certainly be the saddest story that they get to hear because gout is related to beer drinking in many ways. People who have ever suffered from the disease never want to hear about it because the pain that they experienced while they had gout was just too much to handle! Finding a way of getting rid of it was one of their main priorities and quite frankly, there are many ways that one can try and get rid of gout. Before looking at how to get rid of this disease that all beer lovers dread we should first get some background knowledge about it.
Pain and more pain is what you expect to get from this disease! Yes, it is a form of arthritis and it always comes as a result of drinking beer. People get the disease when too much uric acid builds up in their body and then starts forming needle-like crystals which are then deposited in their joints. You can imagine how painful it would be to even go to the toilet when your joints have tiny crystals hidden in between where the two bones meet with one another. The large joints such as the ones found in the feet or in the elbows are always at a greater risk since they are always in motion. No need to get worried about getting it since it is the middle aged men and post menopausal women who always end up getting the disease especially if they take too much beer.
Gout is a painful condition where there are high levels of uric acid in the body. Gout is a condition in which a person experiences acute pain in joints, knees, toe, etc. Usually one or two joints are affected at a time. Commonly joints of feet and ankles are inflamed in gout. Repeated attacks of gouty arthritis can damage the joint and lead to chronic arthritis.
Cause of Gout
Presence of uric acid crystals in joints causes inflammation of joints.
Uric acid is formed during metabolism of food and building up of body tissues. When the level of uric acid increases in blood than normal levels, the uric acid forms microscopic crystals in joints. These crystals lead to inflammation of joints. Unlike other forms if arthritis, gout has a known and simple cause.
Symptoms of Gout
The main gout symptoms include
- Severe pain in joints, knees, toe, etc.
- The pain is maximum t late night or early morning.
- Toe often got swollen and hot.
- Pain persist for 7-10 days.
- Patient also suffers from fever and body pain.
Gout Natural Cures That Work - 5 Easy Steps
Home Remedies for Gout
Now that we know about gout, what are some of the ways that you can get rid of it? There are many ways you can get rid of it since you have the option of going for drugs or natural methods. Apart from the natural methods being preferable over taking drugs, the number of natural methods of getting rid of gout are more than the number of drugs that you can use to get rid of gout. The first remedy is by ensuring that you are always well hydrated. If there’s a lot of water in your system then it will be difficult for the uric crystals to form. Another remedy for gout is to ensure that you do more exercises so that you can lose off that extra weight. You can do this by eating low calorie diets but even though it will be tough, many people would rather follow the strict diet rather than suffer a gout attack.
Home Remedies for Gout - Gout Treatment
Here are some effective and simplehome remedies used for the treatment of gout.
- Garlic is very useful for the treatment of various chronic diseases. Patient suffering from gout should take at least eat 3-4 raw garlic seeds a day.
- Patient suffering from gout should at least eat 2-3 apples a day.
- Grapes clears off the toxic acid present along with uric acid. So it is beneficial to eat grapes regularly.
- Honey is also an effective remedy for the treatment of gout. Take equal amount (3-4 teaspoon) of apple extract vinegar and honey. Add this into a glass of water. Stir well and take this 3-4 times a day. This is one of the best home remedies for gout.
- It is also said that cherries play an important role in curing gout. Person suffering from gout should consume 10-20 cherries a day. This has a great positive effect in curing this disease.
- French beans also serve as excellent home remedies for gout. Drinking its juice twice a day, provides healing effect and reduces inflammation.
- Drink 2 tsp of each apple cider vinegar and honey once a day.
- Consume 3 to 4 bananas everyday. Bananas have a rich content of phosphorus, and phosphorus eliminates uric acid from the body.
- Devils Claw which is an extremely effective anti inflammatory agent and general tonic. Devils claw can also lower uric acid levels in the bloodstream.
- Hot compresses will provide temporary pain relief, cold ones will help reduce swelling and pain.
- Losing weight can also help to lower uric acid levels in the body. Beware of low carb, high protein diets however. They may be high in purines.
Well, many people who suffered from the disease were discouraged by the fact that they were to ensure that they did not even mention the word “beer”. Experts say that staying off beer will do more good for guys who have suffered from gout attacks. If you hate coffee, this would be the best time to sort out your issues with coffee because it can reduce the risk of gout attacks but if that is a bit too much, you can opt to use fish oil to reduce the attacks. Remember that it is the oil that is being talked about and not the fish itself. Fish and other seafood contain high levels of purine which accelerate gout attacks. Though many people don’t want to admit it, staying off beer is the best way of dealing with gout.