Do you want to make a delicious meal tonight or this week, but cannot think of anything simple to make. Well make beef stroganoff! It's fairly quick, not too many ingredients, and it's delicious. Oh and it's super fulfilling. You will not need to make anything else to server with it.
First off let me tell you what you ingredients and cooking utensils you will need.
1. 1 bag of white egg noodles.
2. 4 packs of brown gravy.
3. 1 pint of sour cream
4. 2 table spoons garlic salt
5. 1 pound of ground beef
6. Mixing bowl
7. Large pan
8. Large pot
This will approximately feed a family of four. For more people double it until you meet the desired serving size.
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Ready to start? Okay first off we need to make our meat balls.
1. Take the 1 pound of meat (make sure it is properly thawed) and sprinkle your desired about of garlic salt over it. I would use about 2 tablespoons of it. It is all to taste though. And if you do not like garlic salt, you do not have to put any on it. You can use another spice or none at all.
2. Take about a small ice cream scoop of meat, and roll it into a ball. Continue making balls until all of your meat is gone.
3. Now throw your meat balls in the frying pan and cook them until there is no pink left. Make sure the meat balls are thoroughly cooked all the way through.
4. Now put the meat balls on a plate and wait for further instructions.
5. Leave all fat in pan
Next we are going to start making the gravy that will cover our noodles.
1. Take your four packages of brown gravy and empty them into a mixing bowl. (I use McCormick's brand brown gravy)
2. The recipe on the package of gravy typically calls for 1 cup of water per package of gravy. Only use 3 cups of water total for the four packs of gravy. This keeps your gravy from becoming watery. It makes sure the consistency is thick.
3. Mix the gravy mix and water well.
4. Turn stove on medium.
5. Put stirred gravy mix into the same frying pan used for the meat with fat still in it and place on stove
6. Leave on until boils. Make sure you are stirring it the whole time.
7. Once boiling, turn stove on low and let simmer for 1 minute
Now it is time to take your gravy to the next level.
1. Leave the stove on simmer and add about 3/4 of the pint of sour cream to the gravy. (Add more sour cream based on taste)
2. Stir until properly mixed.
3. Turn off stove
Once our sauce is complete you can put the meat balls in the completed gravy mix. Stir in so they are covered with gravy.
Let's cook our noodles now
1. Boil water in a large pot.
2. Once boiling, boil noodles for about 10 minutes or what it says on the back of the noodle package.
3. Go ahead and drain those noodles.
Congratulations! We are now done cooking.
Put the noodles on a plate, and pour the gravy and meat balls over.
Everyone will enjoy this great meal, and think you worked for hours on it.