California Casserole, a great dinner the whole family can enjoy. I'm getting hungry just thinking about this delicious entrÃ©e, so let's get started!
1. 1 LB Ground Beef
2. 1 Jar or Can of Spagetti Sauce
3. 1 Bag of Egg Wide Noodles
4. 2 Bars of CrÃ¨me Cheese
5. 1 16 OZ Container of Sour CrÃ¨me
6. 2 Large Cans of Sliced Olives
7. 3/4 Cup of Red Chopped Red Onions
8. 2 Medium Packages of Chedder Cheese (Medium or Sharp)
9. Mixing bowl
10. Large Sauce Pan
11. Large Pot
13. Large Glass Baking Pan
Okay now that we have all of our ingredients we can start cooking.
1. Cook meat until brown.
2. Once meat is done, add jar or can of spagatti sauce. (Wait until boils, then simmer for 10 minutes )
1. Boil noodles according to bag directions. Typically you would boil noodles between 8-12 minutes.
2. Drain water from noodles, and wait for next step
1. Mix onions, olives, sour crÃ¨me, and crÃ¨me cheese together.
1. Grate all cheese
Now we can start creating our California Casserole
1. Take your glass baking pan, and add 2 cups of meat to the bottom layer.
2. Follow this with putting enough noodles to cover the layer of meat. (You do not need to make it so you cannot see the meat)
3. Next layer the Cream Cheese, Olive, Onion, and Sour CrÃ¨me mix on top of the noodles.
5. When pan is full layer cheese on top of the casserole covering it completely.
6. Heat the over to 350 degrees and leave in 15-20 minutes. Make sure all of the cheese is melted on top.
7. Let cool for about a half hour, and serve!
Enjoy your great tasting casserole. It should last a couple days based on the amount of people. Typically it can serve a family of four for a few days. It tastes just as good heated up.