Step by step guide to making electricity
As with anything that has to do with electrical power, this experiment can be dangerous. Proceed with caution. This experiment may not lead to your death but it can cause some serious injuries based solely on the amount of time you spend in contact with the electricity generated from this project. If you have rubber gloves at your disposal, use them and keep them on throughout every part of this experiment. The following information below this paragraph will give you insight on the material you will need to continue on with this project. Afterwards, the content below the required items will give you a fairly simple step by step guide on how to make electricity from salt water.
- Non-metallic cup- this can be a styrofoam, paper, or plastic cup
- Salt water, vinegar, and bleach
- Now get a variety of metal strips/pieces. The following material listed are needed to perform the operation:
Aluminum (aluminum foil), copper (household electric wire or water pipe), brass, iron, silver, zinc, and graphite (mechanical pencil filter, artists graphite),
- Alligator clip leads (Radio Shack)
- DC Mini Buzzer (Radio Shack)
- LCD clock (or child's watch)
- Ammeter (home-made or commercially purchased ammeter) and of course a voltmeter
Now the following information below will give you a step by step guide on how to make electricity from salt water with the listed material that you will need to proceed above. Proceed with caution.
- Fill the non-metallic cup up about 3/4 full with water then add one teaspoon of salt to it.
- Place a teaspoon of vinegar in the water and a few drops of bleach.
- Place two strips of different metal origins (copper and aluminum etc.) into the water.
- Clip the metals to the alligator clips. DO NOT let the alligator clips come in contact with the water.
How to make electricity using candles
The first step in getting power to generate is to find yourself two candles. However, the more candles you use, the more electricity you will get from this project. The following information will give you details on required material and instructions on how to use these products to make electricity.
- 2 candles
- 2 nails
- 2 leads with alligator clips
- small light bulb
- one magnet.
- Stick one nail into each candle
- Rub the surface of the nails to get it magnetized
- Attach the alligator clip leads to each nail
- With the unattached ends of the leads, connect it with your small light bulb
- Now light the candles and the heat will produce electricity powerful enough to light up the small bulb
For more fun experiments on how to make electricity, visit the link that has been made available to you in the resources area. The following information in this link will give you information on generating power from other sources besides your utility company. These sources include things of small nature such as creating a source of energy from heat sources. This article will provide all of the information you need to get started. Information covered in the referred article includes a simple step by step guide to get things going, as well as the materials that is required to start making power from home. It also has content that helps you save on your monthly utility bills.