Oat bran is one of the finest foods available to mankind. Oat bran is a cereal can be used as an alternative to wheat bran as it does not contains gluten. It has many other benefits for IBS and cholesterol patients.
On this page we will discuss some of the ways on how to use oat bran at home making simple recipes for breakfast etc. One of the best things about Oat bran is that it is one of the healthy foods that tastes good too. It is the same reason why we call it not only delicious but also Healthicioous!
Oat bran is proven to help and reduce bad cholesterol in the body. Because it helps in increasing body's metabolism and improve lipid profiles it helps in getting better health for everyone.
So if you want to reduce cholesterol level or lose weight Oat bran can bring great benefits to you.
Things You Will Need- Oat bran any brand at least 30 oz : you will need any brand of oat bran available in the market. It is also advisable to grow oat bran at home if you like. It is a relatively easier process.
- 500 ml water add 500 ml of water so that it can boil. Some people also add milk to OAt bran especially for kids during breakfast. Milk have extra nutritional benefits and help in gaining better health.
- sugar or salt (either of one) - most people add sugar or salt. Don't add salt if you are making it along with the milk. Milk and salt is not a good combination.
- 5 minutes of your time (its very quick) yes it hardly takes 5 minute of your time so it is very quick. This is a good alternative to processed junk foods that are available in the market.
Step 1Put oat bran into water and pan mix it well and let it boil for 10 minutes. Make sure to stir it regularly so that it does not stick to the pan.
If required you may add more water if the bran starts turning brown in color.
Step 2It is advisable to stir the mixture as mentioned in the previous step. This will help in increasing the taste without any burning smell.
Step 3Now you may add sugar in this mixture. 1TBsp is good enough for best results in most cases.
That's it! This was the easiest way to use Oat bran as porridge. Oat bran certainly has many benefits for you. It is relatively not as much popular as other cereals available in the market. But it can be a great benefit for people who are suffering from ailments related to high cholesterol levels and for those who want to lose weight.
Tips & Warnings- Don't mix milk with the salt.
- Sweet oatbran is better than salty.
- Try to use oat bran in the morning as it is the best time for it.