I Want To Work From Home As A Medical Transcriptionist-What Should I Know?
Want to know about working from home as a Medical Transcriptionist? This is among the most promising jobs which one can get even without any amount of experience or education. In most instances, many of those employers hiring Medical Transcriptionists to carry out the work right from their homes have expectations that they do posses a minimum of 2-3 years experience or alternatively completion of a recognized training program, some of the best training for the field is in Andrews School, M-Tec or CareerStep.
Medical transcription has risen to become a popular work from home job but that does not mean that it's an easy job to get into, it is indeed hard work in that some doctors don’t speak clearly at all, while some have heavy accents. To your advantage, you will realize that as you work on the specified account you will come to learn how to best deal with the accent of the doctors. However, some doctor’s dictation may always prove so challenging.
Medical transcription will always prove a highly flexible job but this is dependent on you speed in the discovery of how your own accounts or how to work for a service, and what is being required of you. There is high flexibility in that you can choose to work best late at night, early in the morning or in the middle of the day, whichever best suits you.
Procedure For Working From Home As A Medical Transcriber
1. The Medical Transcriptionist will carefully lend an ear to the dictation which the clients doctor is giving and then type it up. This will not be such easy in that it requires excellent skills. For easy work, you are required to grasp the normal routine clearly because this is a unique task which needs attention, skill and speed all at the same time. The essence for accuracy and speed combined with the need to constantly learn new terminology, makes it a highly challenging work at home job since it is always hard to concentrate there.
2. The most initial thing which you should do every time you get an assignment is to check for an updates related to it so as to avoid doing irrelevant work that you may up not getting paid for. This is highly dependent on your employer or the account that you are working on, this could be a very quick check or it could take several minutes.
3. Be very cautious all the time and consequently all the time you need to pay a close attention to any feedback from your employer since it determines your future prospects in career as it will help you to work out on your weaknesses and improve on your strengths adequately .In the initial days of your employment, you should expect constant review of your work.
4. These days much medical transcription is done online, but you can still opt to use a Dictaphone or any other relevant machine. You will make use of the foot pedal to control the dictation. The basic foot pedal will allows you to manipulate the dictation in all ways for best final result, you can play, stop, rewind or forward it.
Requirements For Working From Home As A Medical Transcriptionist
1. You should not get surprised by the computer programs which you may be called upon to use when you start work as a home based medical transcriptionist. The popular transcription program used a decade years ago was basically DOS based, today newer programs have been released and greatly simplify your work.
2. You should have the ability to quickly research all the new/unfamiliar terminology. After some time, you will develop the urge to own a medical dictionary, drug guide, medical phrase book, anatomy text and abbreviation guide. To make your work easier, you will also need extra books for any of the areas that you are specialized in.
3. You should have the ability to cope up with difficult accents and doctors who talk too fast- who slur their words together, stutter, eat, drink, chew gum, talk to other people in the room and much, much more. You should also be sure not to leave anything out as it will risk your career.
4. You should posses adequate attention in grasping what is being said all the time. This is because you will not only be dealing with highly specialized vocabularies, but other things.
How Much Can I Expect To Make Working From Home As A Medical Transcriptionist
On average their pay may at times have to start from as little as 6 cents paid for every 65 character line but many of the transcription companies will increase their pay as you gain experience. An independent medical transcriptionist is expected to typically earn a much more amount, this is partially because they have all the overhead of running a business. The rate per-line for the transcription implies that the faster you work, the more you earn. It is very usual to find a good medical transcriptionists who earns more than $20 per hour, but the beginners usually earn below $10 per hour, in other times, they will earn much less than the basic pay unless they come to improve on their performance by learning the accents and habits of the doctors.Generally, this is among the best paying online careers which you need to enter and make some substantial income.
Advantages of Working From Home As A Medical Transcriptionist
1. Medical transcription is among the most demanded work from home jobs currently out there, this is as a result of its high pay. If you’re an excellent medical transcriptionist, then will not have much trouble in finding work for some time to come. Outsourcing, voice recognition are real challenges to this job however with time they are less likely to be serious.
2. Employers may/may not be strict about sticking to the shift you have chosen. In general, you are generally able to set your own hours. Medical transcription is unique and needs to be done within a certain period by contract better identified as a turnaround time. However, most of the STAT reports be due as soonest, this is the reason as to which many employers demand the time that you will be working for them comfortably.