Interesting facts about language
- Go is the shortest complete sentence in the English language
- Bookkeeper is only one word in the English language which has three consecutive sets of double letters.
- Underground is only word in the English language that begins and ends with the letters und.
- E is the most used letter in English language.
- Q is least used letter in English language letter.
- 4 is only number whose # of letters is equals to its name.
- One is only number with its letters in reverse alphabetical order.
- Set words in the English language, has the most definitions.
- Forty is only number which has its letters in alphabetical order.
- Indivisibility is only word in the English language which has one vowel which occurs five times
- Almost is the shortest word in the English language with all letters in alphabetical order in a word
- Only 3 words in the English language end in "ceed","proceed," "exceed," and "succeed."
- The longest word in the English language is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis.This word means a lung disease caused by the inhalation of silica dust.
- The other longest word with the same amount of letters is pneumonoultra-microscopicsilicovolcanoconioses but it's plural.
- There is no word that rhymes with "orange", "silver", and "purple"or "month".
- There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: "abstemious" and "facetious."
- Toughest tongue twister in English is- "The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick".
- There is a seven letter word in the English language that contains ten words without rearranging any of its letters, "therein": the, there, he, in, rein, her, here, ere, therein and herein.
- Somalia is the only African country in which the entire population speaks the same language, "Somali"
- English has the largest vocabulary about 800,000 words in all world languages.
- English has more synonyms than all the languages in the world.
- Vietnamese language Sedang has most vowels (55) sounds.
- All pilots on international flights identify themselves in English.
- The Chinese language does not require punctuation.
- Seoul, the South Korean capital, just means "the capital" in the Korean language.