I am not ashamed to admit that I have spent quite a bit of my adult life as a single man. The only way I seem to meet any ladies at all is through the use of internet dating site, also known as computer dating sites. I would like to start out by saying that I am not a dating guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I have learned a few things over the years about computer dating that I would like to share with you.
1) As a man it was very natural for me to post a photo of myself in my dating profile of me holding a huge fish I caught. I was proud of this fish, and I thought that the photo represented me very well.
Take some time when you are deciding on that perfect photo. Wear nice clothes and have an easy-going expression on your face. You might want to include several photos like the one I just described.
2) Write about positive things. I have heard stories about guy's who talk about their ex-wives in their dating photos. BIG MISTAKE. Talk about your children, your job, your dreams. The dating site might want you to talk about your perfect woman, another big mistake. Your description might just make someone reading it think that she could never measure up to your expectations.
3) Keep your writing on the light and positive side. Say things like, I am a fun-loving man who wishes to have fun for the rest of my life. I am looking for my perfect friend! It is not difficult to be a perfect friend! This will attract enough attention to possibly get an email from somebody.
Now that you have your profile completed, it is time to get down to the business of contacting the ladies who are on the site. The first thing you want to consider is how recently she has visited the site. If she has been there within a few days, it is a good bet that she is going to be back. Here is a good process to go through:
1) Find all of the ladies who appeal to you and who have been on the site within the last few days.
2) Go through them one by one, after you have read one's complete profile, write her an email describing yourself and why you decided to email her. Remember that you are selling yourself, so be positive and upbeat!
3) After you have emailed every lady you were interested in, sit back and wait for responses. If you get a response, answer it immediately. Don't listen to macho BS that tells you to wait a few days, answer it right away and let her know that you are interested!
4) After you begin dating someone, take your profile down so there will be no misunderstandings about why you didn't take it down!
Internet dating is a safe way to meet people. It is becoming more acceptable a practice all the time. I am glad that it is around because I hated meeting people in bars!
So if you are single,I suggest that you join an internet dating site and put yourself out there! What do you have to lose?