In this Internet Marketing For Newbies article, you are going to learn a little bit about my personal story, as to how I got where I am today in online business and then I'm going to take you through the step by step system of how you can get your own online business up and running by following my simple formula.
A Small Piece Of Matthew Neer's Story
Are you sick and tired of your current 9 to 5 job?
Have you been contemplating just staring your boss right in the face and screaming "YOU'RE FIRED!"
If you have then I know exactly how you feel. It wasn't to long ago that I was working as a pizza delivery boy for Me N Eds here in Fresno Cali. And while things were good on the surface level, I actually wanted to shoot myself deep down. I mean, I couldn't stand the people that I was working with, I hated driving around in my dorky pizza boy outfit and I didn't get paid very well at all!
Basically, it was a total waste of my time. So I decided to take the initiative to do something different, to take that GIANT step outside of the box and figure out what I REALLY wanted to do with my life and how I could actually build a true business asset that would pay me long term instead of getting paid like $8 bucks an hour.
You see, I've always had an entrepreneurial spirit since WAY back in the day. It must have been back in 6th grade when I started my first business called Moots Collectables where I would bring all my Pokemon Cards to school and buy and sell them at recess. I even got clearance from the principle to do that, and when a shady deal would go down, they would call in the expert (me) to settle the debate.
Since then, I've come an incredibly long way. I've been through thick and thin with online business and Internet Marketing to now be able to live almost completely financially free. I've actually quit my job and live 100% from passive income that I make online and I also dropped out of college to pursue my dream of becoming an Internet Marketing Guru. (cliche, I know)
So now that you know a little bit about my story, let's talk about Internet Marketing For Newbies...
Internet Marketing For Newbies
First things first my friends, you've got to understand that Internet Marketing is not some overnight magic button that you can press and instantly make BILLIONS of dollars. But it is something that you can put some hard work into and grow into a very lucrative business that pays you thousands on virtually autopilot every single day.
It will be tough to get to that point in the beginning if you don't have someone to guide you and really show you exactly what you need to do in order to become successful with Internet Marketing, especially if you're a complete newbie.
It's a good thing you found this article because I am going to reveal the 3 most important things you need to have in place in order to create an Internet Marketing business model that will pay your for years to come.
The Three Tools You Need To Succeed
1. Hosting And Domain Name
- This is essentially where you are going to store all of your websites and the files that go with them. I highly recommend that you get a Linux Hosting Account with GoDaddy (note that I said Linux, that's very important cause Windows hosting sucks!) I actually have an Unlimited Hosting plan with GoDaddy that costs me around $100 dollars per year, but that's because I have multiple websites and need the server space, you could probably get away with the most basic plan if you're on a budget.
- The next thing you'll need is a KEYWORD TARGETED domain name. This is also crucial to your success because it will help you rank in the search engines like Google much faster than normal. To find one of these puppies, you can head on over to the Google Keyword Tool and type in virtually ANYTHING. For instance, in this article I am targeting Internet Marketing For Newbies as my keyword because it gets search around 3,000 times per month and has mild competition. You can discover this exact same type of stuff using the tool I linked you to above.
- Once you find a suitable niche keyword, you'll want to head back over to GoDaddy and start typing in domains to the little search box there until you find something that is available. Once ya do, make sure it's got a high search volume and low to mild competition. If so, buy it right now!
2. The Squeeze Page
- This is by far the most important website you will ever build, and the good news is, it's also the easiest to build. The Squeeze Page has ONE purpose... To generate leads. That's it. Basically all a squeeze page does is have a little bit of text or perhaps a video with an enticing offer, like a free ebook giveaway or some other kind of incentive that makes the visitor part with their contact information in exchange for the gift. When this happens, we call it an "Opt In". Every time someone "Opts In" to your squeeze page, you'll generate a lead and that lead will get deposited into your database of contacts.
- Before we move onto the next section, I want you to understand that The Squeeze Page and this next little piece of technology are literally married. They are inseparable. You must have both of them in place in order to generate leads, it's very important that you use them in conjunction with each other.
3. The Autoresponder
- Ahh... This is by far my favorite piece of technology in the whole wide world. The Autoresponder is what allows you to generate money on command. I'm serious, at this point in my business, I can literally send out an email to my list with an Affiliate Link and make a few hundred to a few thousand dollars every time I do this. And right now, I wanna show you how this is possible too.
- To do this, I use a service called Aweber. It's hands down the best autoresponder service online and when used properly, it will make you A LOT of money. Here's how it works... When somebody comes through you Squeeze Page as we talked about just a moment ago, they will see your free offer, ebook, gift, whatever and be tempted to "Opt In". To do that, they must fill out a form with their name and email. When that happens, they become a lead and that lead gets deposited into your Aweber account. Get it?
- Think of Aweber as a GIANT database of all your contacts who you can communicate with at the push of a button. As your list grows, you'll be able to send out what Aweber calls a Broadcast. This sends an email to everyone on your list at once.
- Imagine if you included a little affiliate link in your email that made your a 75% commission as soon as they lead buys that product. You'd make money. Now imagine if you had THOUSANDS of people in your Aweber database who all wanted to learn Cat Juggling... Well, you'd just include YOUR affiliate link to that Cat Juggling product and when your list buys, you'd get paid BIG TIME because chances are if you've got thousands of people on your list, you're gonna make multiple sales.
- Can ya digg it? "YES YA CAN!" Lol, at least I know I can. This is pretty much what I focus on in my business. I just setup squeeze pages and build my Aweber database, then when I need some money, I go out there and find a REALLY good product that I have either used myself or have personally reviewed and will really help people. Then I simply grab my affiliate link to it and promote it to my list and make money virtually whenever I want. Pretty cool eh?
And this is really only the tip of the iceberg my friend. There is really so much more to the puzzle, like for instance, once you have your Squeeze Page setup with Aweber, how are you going to drive traffic to that page in order to get leads? These are the kinds of things I teach in my more advanced courses, and that I just don't have time to explain in this article right now.