If you have been reading about internet marketing for some time now, no doubt you have encountered the word Clickbank. You might have already realized that Clickbank is a digital products retailer that offers various products to promote. So many internet marketers promote the use of Clickbank, making it a vital subject in internet marketing. The question is: how exactly does Clickbank work? Here are the steps to earning money from Clickbank:
- Join Clickbank. You can do so by registering on its website. You need not worry since registration is free. All you need to do is complete the sign-up form which requires you to input your complete name, your address and your contact information. After completing the form, you then have to read the entire client contract and consequently accept the terms and conditions of Clickbank. You will then be sent a verification message on your email. This message contains a confirmation code with 8 digits. You will use this code to complete the sign-up process. After this, you can log in on the home page using your chosen nickname and password you were provided.
- Choose a product. Now that you are already registered as an affiliate of Clickbank, you can start choosing the products that you want to promote. If you already have a specific product in mind, you can go to the Marketplace page and use the search box to find that product. If you just have a general idea of what you want to promote, you can just key-in some keywords and you will be presented with a list.
If you don’t have anything in mind yet, the marketplace page is still the best place to choose a product. On the left hand side of the page are the categories of the products being offered. You can start by choosing a category or sub-category. You can further narrow down your search by filtering the results by criteria, language, type of purchase and more.
- Get a HOPLINK. Once you have chosen a product, you can go ahead and click on button named “Promote”. Clickbank will provide you a hoplink, which you will need to copy and save in a local document on your computer. A hoplink is a special URL that tracks your clicks and conversions. It contains information about you and the product you chose, which is useful for Clickbank to track a sale you made and credits your account for commissions accordingly.
You will use this hoplink when promoting the product, so that the customer will be directed to a landing page which is for purchasing purposes. You can copy the simple hoplink which just shows the URL, or you can copy the HTML hoplink which is already formatted to create a hyperlink on whatever word you choose. The latter is very useful for articles, websites, blogs, comments or forums. The default anchor text (words you hyperlink) is “Click Here!” but you can change it to anything you want.
- Promote the product. Now that you are ready to use your hoplink, you can start promoting the product in various ways.
- PPC. This means Pay-Per-Click campaigns. A Pay per Click campaign would require you to set-up an ad, complete with a headline and body, for the product you chose. These ads must be compelling enough to attract the audience to click on them. You would then have to bid based on either keywords related to your product or website content. You would need to register in websites that allow PPC advertising such as Google, Yahoo, MSN and 7Search.
- Website/Blog Creation. You can promote the product via a website or blog that you create. Although it is relatively easy enough to just place the ad on your site and tell your viewers to buy the product, it won’t be as effective as having a creative that would actually encourage them to buy. One important matter to keep in mind when using blogs for your internet marketing business is that you need traffic. You need an audience. However great your website may be, your ads would be useless if no one sees them. An effective way to drive more people into your site is by Search Engine Optimization or SEO.
- Email Marketing. This option is done by creating a good email message to your mailing list. This email must contain information on why they should purchase the product and would either contain the hoplink or a link to your website. Newsletters and online subscriptions are some ways of email marketing. Be wary, however, since there is an increasing risk in email marketing, which is being marked as spam. Spamming is now considered an unlawful act.
- Article Marketing. Like email marketing, you can promote the product by writing a really good and compelling article, which you can submit and publish in articles directories and e-zine sites. The links you create here can be directed to your website, which contains the hoplink. Some article directories allow posting of affiliate links, but majority of these sites don’t. Make sure you read the terms & conditions and the rules & regulations, else you risk being banned and your sales marked void.
- Social Network Marketing. This is one of the most popular internet marketing options today. Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr are some of the most popular social networking sites. You can use your profile to advertise the product and encourage your family, friends and followers to purchase the product. These social networking sites also allow paid advertising on their pages for a fee. Their advertising process is similar to that of Pay-per click campaigns in Google and Yahoo.
- Forum marketing. There are many forums out there. You can look for a forum that is related to your product and join. You can promote your product by posting information, or you can reply or comment on other people’s posts. However, forums have various rules of their own. Some allow you to post affiliate links, some don’t. Be careful else your will be kicked out of the forum.
A majority of the steps shown require some in depth knowledge. We have barely scratched the surface of internet marketing with these concepts and processes. Learning more about Clickbank is still a requirement if you want to succeed in internet marketing. Hopefully you have gained a deeper understanding of Clickbank through these steps.