I recently started juice fasting to lose weight. I have to say, its one of the most effective weight loss methods out there. In just a month, I have shed about 15 pounds of weight. But, its hard to stick too. The best way to stick to a juice fast, is to try out new juice fasting recipes all the time. I have found that this "carrot juice recipe" is really fantastic and super easy to pull off.
Before we get into the recipe, lets get all the things we needâ€¦
1. One large carrot. You need to peel this carrot for best results. If you do not, you will end up getting a very earthy taste in your final drink.
2. Half a lemon. Again, peeling the lemon is a good idea.
3. Few leafs of lettuce or carrot greens.
4. An apple. Now, the apple is only required if you have a sweet tooth. Its not really a requirement for this juice. But, some people don't like it without the apple. I personally think that the carrot adds all the sweetness I need.
How to make the juice?
Its simple, just put all the ingredients in your juicer and let the juicer do the rest. I find that using a centrifugal juicer gives the best results.
TIP: Just remember to mix the juice immediately after it comes out of the juicer.
What are the health benefits of this juice?
Well, besides the obvious health benefit of juice fasting for weight loss, which comes from having a fulfilling juice and yet consuming very few calories, there are still many other healthy benefits.
Here are some of them:
- It provides Vitamins A, B & E.
- It provides many minerals, including calcium.
- It is great for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
- It is good for bones, teeth, liver, nails, skin and hair.
- As a added benefit, it also helps with breast cancer and skin cancer prevention.