Holidays are a favorite time of celebration. There is great satisfaction for every parent who creates a memory of a Christmas party for their little one. Christmas parties do not have to be difficult! Keep reading for useful ideas and helpful hints to throwing a fun holiday party.
Create a Christmas atmosphere with the help of your own children:
- Having a Christmas tree in the party room is a perfect addition. Even if it's a little one, it will add the feeling of the season! Use pinecones and evergreen sprigs if you don't have room for a tree.
- Make red and green chain streamers to put on the front of a table or on a Christmas tree.
- Create a Christmas sign using paints, stamps, markers, or crayons to create a festive ambiance.
- Decorate in your own yard.
Christmas cut-out cookies and hot cocoa are traditional for Yuletide parties, but there are lots of other possibilities:
- M&Ms and other candies in seasonal colors: red, white, and green.
- Candy canes of all sizes
- Pinata filled with treats and small toys
There are lots of fun games and activities that kids of all ages will enjoy.
- Create a festive atmosphere with some upbeat Christmas music to welcome your guests.
- Sing Christmas carols. Sing along with music or a cappella. Kids love to sing!
- Play Christmas charades. Include the kids' favorite characters and treats.
- Play pin the head on the snowman. This can easily be created from felt.
- Play musical chairs with Christmas music.
- Make Christmas cards for their mom and dad or grandparents. Think about having old cards for the children to cut up and a selection of crafty supplies.
- Make Christmas crackers and fill them with candy and Christmas greetings.
- Have the children decorate cookies. Kids love icing and edible goodies atop a delicious cookie!
- Tell an old Christmas story, or make up a new one. (Get the kids to help you!)
Favors and memoriesâ€¦
What's a Christmas party without presents?
- Go to a dollar store and buy enough little gifts so that each child takes home one.
- Hand out small stockings stuffed with goodies.
- Give a baggie of homemade cookies for each guest.
- Take pictures of the guests and insert them into a paper frame for each child..
Finally, the fun partâ€¦
As you clean up after the last guest leaves, get your child to work along side you. Turn that Christmas music up and work together.
Treasure the memory!