What Every Serious Baker Needs
The KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer
The KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer provides 325 watts of power that propels the mixing action with 10 speeds. The metal body is functional and long-lasting while the stainless steel bowl that comes with it won't rust and is nearly impossible to damage. The bowl for the mixer can hold 5 quarts of ingredients which means that virtually anything can be mixed in this container.
Also in the box with the mixer is a flat beater, dough hook, and wire whip. When you're ready to remove the contents from the bowl, the head of the mixer tilts up so that you don't spill the contents. The bowl also comes with a pouring shield, which will further reduce the chances of a mess when creating your favorite foods. I love these accessories that keep me from making messes in the kitchen.
Features of the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:
- Effective 325 watt mixer comes with 10 speeds for a variety of mixing or whipping jobs
- 3 accessories (flat beater, dough hook and wire whip) included to make the job easier
- Mixer head tilts back for easy bowl removal
- Stainless steel 5 quart bowl included to easily blend ingredients without worry of creating a mess
- Comes in over twenty colors to complement any kitchen décor
- Measurements of the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer: 1 foot tall by 9 inches wide.
Because of the size of item, it is best to make this appliance a permanent staple on your counter plus the Artisan always looks smart enough to display. It comes in a variety of colors so there is definitely one for every kitchen's color way.
The KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer has nearly 2000 reviews on Amazon! Even more amazing is that all together the reviews average 4.5 stars! Folks have been reviewing this stand mixer on Amazon since 2002. Because of this, I would recommend clicking through to the reviews page and reading them (some or all) in chronological order, from newest to oldest, as the more current reviews will give you a better idea of what to expect with this mixer. Here are some of the recent comments from reviews of the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer:
- I love this mixer. It is quick and efficient, and works as well as I expected it to. It is a heavy duty piece of machinery and well worth the money if you are an avid cook or baker. I have never seen eggwhites whipped in to peaks so quickly - plus it looks great on the counter.
- This is a wedding gift for new daughter-in-law. We have one exactly like this. It is a GREAT MIXER. We have owned one like this for more than 15 years... still working just as it always did!
- Love this mixer! Performs well and no more batter splattering me! The shield allows adding ingredients easily. Lots of power for even the thickest doughs.
- The 3 interchangeable mix heads are WONDERFUL. I'm a big fan of minimalism, and do my best to not leave much out on the counter, but I love to keep this one out! The power is great, the bowl locks in easily and stays put, nothing is too cold, tough, dense, or hard for this mighty mixer. I highly, highly recommend it! Stylist and sturdy!
Is the KitchenAid Artisan 5-Quart Stand Mixer Worth Buying?
Some are a tad skeptical about this mixer when they see the $270 (approx) price tag. However, anyone who owns a KitchenAid Artisan Stand mixer will tell you that it is a lasting little appliance that gets a ton of use in the kitchen. Therefore, it is worth investing in what with the stability, durability, and function that this product offers. Additionally, you should consider the additional accessories included when deciding if this would be a good gift for somebody or if you need it yourself for your kitchen.