Who doesn't love cookies? And the easier they are to make, the better. Whether you are short on time because of a long work day or you just want some thing that is easy and tasty, this recipe will do the trick.
There are a lot of cookie recipes on the web. So what makes this one particularly unique? There is no need to mix the ingredients one at a time except for the Pre-Mix Flour; that goes in last. And, there is no need for an electric mixer or blender. Just take out a big spoon or fork to mix the ingredients.Credit: Pixabay images
1. Take these ingredients (for a full batch) and mix them together with your spoon or fork in a medium or large bowl.
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- ½ Cup Butter (reduced fat)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- ½ Cup Packed Brown Sugar (2-3 additional tablespoons if sweater taste is desired)
2. Blend these ingredients until the combination is soupy light brown syrupy liquid.
3. Pre-Blend Flour Mix by Combining (thoroughly blend together with a fork or whisk):
- 1 ½ Cup Flour All Purpose Wheat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Power (low sodium)
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt – optional (if you are trying to reduce sodium, skip this ingredient)
4. Scoop the flour into the soupy sweet goo a little at a time and blend in well. Continue to scoop in more and more of the pre-mix flour stirring it after each addition of flour until all of it is added and well blended. When it’s done you should have a batter that is moist and tacky. If it is too dry, add more butter. If it is too moist and slurry, add more premix flour.
Once the cookie batter is ready decide whether you want plain cookies or added treats. There not necessary – just fun.
For Some Yummy Options Try These Out:
- For Cinnamon Drop Cookies: 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon stirred into the batter.
- For Spice Drop Cookies: 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon, 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger and 1 Teaspoon of All-Spice stirred into the batter.
- For Ginger Spice Drop Cookies: 1 Tablespoon Ground Ginger and 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon stirred into the batter.
- For Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies add â…“ to ½ cup of Chocolate Chips to the batter.
- For Mint Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies add â…“ to ½ cup of Mint Chocolate Chips to the batter.
- For Coconut Drop Cookies add â…“ to ½ cup of Shredded Coconut stirred into the batter.
- Or for Nutty Drop Cookies add â…“ to ½ cup of Chopped Nuts (any type) stirred into the batter.
Pre-heat your oven to 360 degrees.
Spoon out roughly 1 ½ to 2 inch scoops of batter and place them on a greased cookie sheet (Or cookie sheet with baking parchment paper. If you are not familiar with parchment paper, it tends to cause the cookies to stay rounded and not spread out in a traditional way. That's fine. It just means that the cookies are a bit more like a small biscuit ) spaced 2 inches apart.
Bake the cookies for 17 to 19 minutes.
Let cool on the tray for 2-3 minutes
Remove from the tray and continue letting them cool on a cool or room temperature plate for 5-10 minutes.Credit: Pixabay Images