It’s Easy: It's an Easy Day, Easy Bake Cake
Baking a cake does not have to be a major undertaking. There is no need for a professional chef. Anyone can make this “Easy Bake Cake.” This is another of those recipes that does not require a mixer of blender. Just take out your big spoon and stir until well blended.Credit: Pixabay Images
In a large mixing bowl add the following ingredients [Remember, this uses the Pre-Mix Flour we covered in a previous Tip. The link is below]
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2/3 Cups Granulated Sugar (or ½ Cup packed Brown Sugar)
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- Pre-Blend Flour Mix by Combining (thoroughly blend together with a fork or whisk):
- 1 ½ Cup Flour All Purpose Wheat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Power (low sodium)
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt – optional (if you are trying to reduce sodium, skip this ingredient
- Chocolate Chip Cake: Add ¾ Cup Chocolate Chips to the Batter and stir well.
- Spiced Cake: Add 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon, 1 Teaspoon All-Spice, 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger and 1/2 Cup Chopped Nuts (walnuts work best) to the batter and blend well.
- Carrot Cake: Add ½ Cup Grated Carrots, 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon, 1 Teaspoon All-Spice, and 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger to the batter and blend well.
- Chocolate Cake: Add an additional ¼ Cup of Sugar (Brown or White) and 1/3 Cup Nestle (or other brand) Cocoa Powder to the batter and blend well.
- Raisin Nut Cake: Add 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon, 1 Teaspoon All-Spice, 2/3 Cup Raisins and 1/2 Cup Chopped Walnuts to the batter and blend well.
Pre-Heat Oven to 375 Degrees
Pour blended batter into an 8 x 8 x 2 inch Baking Pan (Glass or Metal).
Bake for 30-38 minutes (check with a clean knife of toothpick) to make sure the knife/toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool in pan for 30 minutes.
But what about the topping?
Easy topping options for any of the “Easy Bake Cakes” listed above:
- Sweet Cream Cheese Topping: Blend ¾ Cup Cream Cheese with ½ Cup Powdered (Confectioner) Sugar. Spread the topping over the cake.
- Sweet Drizzle Topping: ½ Cup Powdered (Confectioner) Sugar, 1 Tablespoon Butter or Margarine and 1/3 Cup Milk blended well into a syrupy mix. Drizzle syrupy mix all over the cake for a simple sweet accent flavor to any cake.
Or for the simplest topping:
- Dust the entire top of the cake with dry Powdered (Confectioner) Sugar. For an extra kick, dust the top sparingly with ground cinnamon.
Note: If you use the Sweet Cream Cheese Topping make sure to keep the Cake cool by storing it in the refrigerator.
In any version of this easy to make and bake cake, you have a great after dinner treat or, as I often do, a sweet side dish for breakfast with a strong hot pot of coffee.
These simple recipes are fun for kids to enjoy creating, just a little guidance and any child can whip-up one of these yummy tummy fillers.