Not only is the Lenovo IdeaPad N585 competitively priced, but it's also stylish and perfect for multimedia buffs on-the-go. Lenovo has always been known for creating laptops and tablets that provide exceptional functionality at a budget-friendly price.
The Lenovo IdeaPad N585 excels in both aspects. While not being the most attractive looking laptop there is, this IdeaPad's price point will certainly have buyers taking a second look.
Build and Design
The Lenovo IdeaPad N585 sports a pinstriped chassis and is stylish in its own right. Unfortunately, there's not much to say about its color scheme selection as it only comes in black. As a member of the IdeaPad N line-up, the N585 features the same eye-catching design on its cover. With its 15.6" WXGA HD screen, it weighs an average of 5.7lbs.
That's not bad for a laptop that's either to remain at home or on the road. Also, its 1.4" thickness didn't go unnoticed as well. Like newer Lenovo models, the IdeaPad N585 is built with an Accu-type keyboard that makes the task of typing and word processing comfortable. However, contrary to what is said about the keyboard, others may find the touchpad a little too sensitive. Changing its settings through the Control Panel should do the trick.
Performance and Graphics
The IdeaPad N585 runs with an AMD E1-1500 processor. It's not a notebook expected to pack a powerful punch at 1.48GHz. Nonetheless, it will do perfectly fine accomplishing word processing tasks and office-related works. In terms of graphics capability, the IdeaPad N585 will blow its rivals away.
Blame its 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7310G for delivering stunning high definition pictures and videos. Users will also enjoy a wide array of multimedia features that comes with the IdeaPad N585 including the standard DVD-RW drive, Advanced Audio v2 courtesy of Dolby and multimedia card reader support.
Whether through a LAN connection or built-in Wi-Fi, this Lenovo laptop won't be a disappointment at all. In fact, a number of customers have already attested to its surprisingly wider Wi-Fi range and Wireless N compatibility. The IdeaPad N585 also comes with 2 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 ports, an HDMI out and VGA port for more traditional external display devices such as the projector.
Pros and Cons
The IdeaPad N585 comes in a neat package ready for everyday tasks. From voice chat to HD movie-viewing, this Lenovo notebook will wow consumers starting with its cheap price tag.
The following is simply a summary of its pros and cons.
1. Durable and Built to Last. At 1.4", the N585 isn't exactly the most attractive notebook to own. Still, the bulky form assures ample ventilation to the laptop's internal components. Having the fan louvers located on the side also allows better heat flow compared to super-thin ultrabooks with ventilation that's placed at the bottom.
2. Good Battery Life. The N series sports a 6-cell lithium ion battery that has a rated life of up to 5 hours.
3. Good Graphics. Although it may have a native resolution of 1366 x 768, there's no denying that the 1GB AMD Radeon graphics card has significantly boosted its visual prowess.
4. High Speed Wi-Fi Connection. One of the more impressive features the IdeaPad N585 has is its surprisingly fast Wi-Fi connection. Owners have already complimented its 802.11 b, g, n range and speed.
5. Great Sound. Having the Dolby Advanced Audio v2 in this notebook was a great move on Lenovo's part. The N585 delivers loud, crisp and clear sounds through its speakers.
1. Low Native Resolution. The Lenovo IdeaPad N585 runs with a 1GB Radeon HD 7310G. Pairing it with a 1366 x 768 resolution seems to be limiting its potential.
2. Greasy Fingerprint Magnet. Some might find cleaning the chassis a burden when fingerprints easily stick to it.
3. Bloatware. Too many unnecessary software can be annoying uninstall.
The Lenovo IdeaPad N585 doesn't cherry pick a certain consumer group to focus on. It's cheap, which makes it a viable option for everyone especially students and budget-conscious consumers. And it continues to impress by being functional both for entertainment purposes and daily computing tasks. As majority of owners have claimed, the Lenovo IdeaPad N585 is a hands down great buy.