Books are a great option when it comes to buying for Christmas. They fit the bill for just about anyone. One can't go wrong by buying someone a book that is on hte New York Times best seller list. A best seller gets to be a best seller because it has been recognized by the publishing industry as extremely popular.
The New York Times has a very popular list of best sellers that is broken down into many different categories. Here is a list of the categories with the current best seller of each
- Hardcover Fiction: Hell's Corner, by David Baldacci
- Hardcover Nonfiction: Decision Points, by Georger W. Bush
- Paperback Trade Fiction: Happily Ever After, by Nora Roberts
- Paperback Mass Market Fiction: The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown
- Paperback Non-Fiction: Eat Pray Love, by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Paperback Advice and MISC: Rachel Ray's Look and Cook, by Rachel Ray
- Children's Picture Books: Llama, Llama Holiday Drama, by Anna Dewdney
- Children's Chapter Books: Diary Of A Whimpy Kid, Jeff Kinney
- Hardcover Graphic Books: Superman: Earth One, by J. Michael Staczynski and Shane Davis
- Paperback Graphic Books: Scott Pilgrim: Precious Little Life, by Bryan Lee O'Malley
- Manga: Naruto: Volume 49 by Masashi Kishimoto
The following quote was taken from the New York Times Best Seller list and was included to explain how these ranking are determined:
"Rankings reflect sales, for the week ending November 14, 2010, at many thousands of venues where a wide range of general interest books are sold nationwide. These include hundreds of independent book retailers (statistically weighed to represent all such outlets); national, regional and local chains; online and multimedia entertainment retailers; university, gift, supermarket, discount department stores and newsstands."
The Best Seller Books according to Amazon.com follows:
- Decision Points: by George W. Bush
- Autobiography of Mark Twain: Volume One, by Harriet Smith, Ben Griffin, Victor Fischer, Michael B. Frank, Sharon K. Goetz, Leslie Diane Myrick
- Diary Of A Whimpy Kid: The Ugly Truth: by Jeff Kinney
- Unbroken: A WW2 Story Of Survial, Resilience, and Redemption: by Laura Hillenbrand
- Decoded: by Jay-Z
- Life: by Keith Richards
- Getting Into The Vortex: Guided Meditations CD and User Guide, by Esther and Jerry Hicks
- The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, by Stieg Larsson
- The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents Earth (The Book): A Visitors Guide To The Human Race, by Jon Stewart
- The Confession: A Novel, by John Grisham
The top 100 list at Amazon is updated hourly.
As you can see, this list has something for absolutely every taste. You can purchase a book from this list for someone who doesn't normally read book and chances are, they will read it because it appeals to him.
Good luck with your Christmas shopping!