This list of non-religious Christmas songs is sure to make your holiday spirit bright this season. While lyrics are not included, you will be able to check out all the different hymns and find out if they are something that you or your family would like to sing along to. There’s bound to be at least a few carols catch your attention. You’ll be caroling in the streets, spreading some joy without offending those that don’t share the same religious views as you do. These Christmas songs rock! Please note that some of the carols could have minor references to Jesus Christ or other references.
1. Jingle Bells: Who doesn’t want to sign this carol during the holidays? It’s a classic that is non-offensive to those that don’t share similar views and belongs on the list.
2. 12 Days of Christmas: It’s a long-time favorite carol that many generations have sung. It’s a fun song that just about everyone knows.
3. Frosty the Snowman: It’s more of a winter topic than a holiday topic, but it seems that in the winter they all get blended together.
4. Christmas Tree: Thy leaves are so unchanging. It’s a classic carol that belongs on the list, since it has been around for years and years.
5. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: This one is a lot of fun for kids. You’ll hear just about every music class in elementary school singing this one during the holiday season.
6. We Wish You a Merry Christmas: It even references the new year, so you know it’s a winner.
7. Up on the House Top: Ho-Ho-Ho, who wouldn’t go? Santa Claus gets all the attention in this…along with the reindeer.
8. Santa Claus is Coming to Town: It’s been around for decades now, so it’s a pretty traditional song at this point.
9. Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree: This is another fun song that kids (and adults) like.
10. Jingle Bell Rock: Another all-time favorite because it’s non-religious in nature, so it won’t offend others that don’t share the same views.
11. A Holly Jolly Christmas: Just about everyone knows the lyrics to this one without having to look them up.
12. Here Comes Santa Claus: It is another that has been around for decades now, making it a tradition, non-religious song that belongs on the list.
13. It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas: I like this one. I suspect you’ll have to look up the words for this carol to get them all right.
14. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus: Many won’t know the lyrics to this holiday song, but it is a really fun one.
15. All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth: It’s another funny one that people enjoy singing.
16. Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer: She was walking home from our house and got run over by a reindeer.
17. Rusty Chevrolet: Da Yoopers, a regional favorite out of Michigan, sang this fun song in the late 80’s. It’s non-offensive and pretty funny.
18. Nuttin’ for Christmas: Another non-religious song that many people find humorous to sing.
19. You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch: This one is from the Dr. Seuss movie and is a lot of fun for singers.
20. Silver and Gold: It’s a classic that has been around for generations. Older people will likely know all the words.
21. I’ll Be Home for Christmas: Yet another traditional song on the list of non-religious songs.
22. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire: It brings back memories of a different time when you sing it.
23. Winter Wonderland: It’s not necessarily about Xmas, but it is a seasonal carol that people like.
24. Let it Snow: Another of the seasonal variety that focuses on winter more than anything.
25. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year: It really is the most wonderful time of the year.
I hope you enjoyed a look at my list of non-religious Christmas songs.