Living a more holistic lifestyle
Often when people talk about health you hear the words ‘taking the holistic approach’ and you wonder what they are talking about. In short what it means is that the healer takes into account the emotional, mental, spiritual and physical aspects of the patient and work with the cause of the illness and not just the symptoms.
Living holistically is not something you learn to do overnight. It is a way of living and happens slowly over time; breathing chemical-free air, not using preservatives, detergents, and pesticides, drinking water from a glass and not sitting behind a laptop screen and texting on a cell phone all day. The environment has done as much damage to human beings as we have done to the environment. Here are some suggestions you can blend into your daily life to embrace a more holistic lifestyle.
Facts and tips for a more holistic you
- Work in sunlight for Vitamin D.
- Have plants in the room with the window open.
- Drink lukewarm purified water.
- Stay away from electromagnetic impulses like cell phones and laptops.
- Drink lots of water from a glass during meals.
- Drink juice immediately after you have squeezed it.
- Drink lukewarm ginger or herbal tea.
- Buy organic food if you can afford it. Do not eat waxed fruit.
- Use saccharine-free toothpaste.
- Scrape your tongue every morning with a tongue scraper.
- Avoid muffins and cakes and sugar.
- Eat seeds and nuts and avocado for one of your meals.
- Buy hormone-free meats and dairy.
- Have lots of activity outside and have a good sleep.
- Wear cotton, silk and linen.
- Do deep-breathing exercises before you go to bed .
- Do yoga once a day for at least 15 minutes and have a deep tissue massage.
Don’t despair if you put sugar in your tea and break one or two of the rules. Just start fresh the next day. Always give yourself a chance. As long as you are aware that you should make changes and keep a list of what you have to do, and do it, it is fine. Work with the emotional you and explore your spiritual side. Living holistically is a process; introduce things one at a time. You will notice in time that you have gained energy and feel great. Your appearance has also improved and your hair is shiny, your nails stronger, you have a keener sense of smell and can taste the food on your plate. Rome was not built in a day. You are on your way to a more natural and holistic lifestyle.